: HEATWARE.com

insertclevername
May 22nd, 2004, 09:27 PM
With all the talk lately about scammers and feedback systems for ehMac it is quite evident that dealing with people over the net is risky even in our small and cozy community.

Most people have been suggesting setting up a feedback system in each member's profile, a move I sure would welcome, but obviously like all improvements it takes time. The Mayor may or may not have time to do that right now. That finally brings me to my point, why not use HEATWARE.com (http://HEATWARE.com)?

Many forums already use HEATWARE and it seems to work for them, obviously there is always risk involved, but this way honest law abiding ehMac members will feel somewhat safer.

Thats my 0.000000000000002 cents

jonmon
May 23rd, 2004, 12:30 AM
Yeah a lot of other boards use heatware.
I'm a member and find that it's an added line of defence for online trading.

TroutMaskReplica
May 23rd, 2004, 10:17 PM
i've been following the trading post for quite a while now and i've noticed that all scammers here have exhited a particular trait - they've all only posted a couple of times before trying to sell a large ticket item.

if you buy an item from someone with only a handful of posts to their name then you are asking to get screwed.

i don't understand why people don't realize this.

NBiBooker
May 23rd, 2004, 10:22 PM
Trout raises an excellent point. For those concerned about online buying and selling, ebay.ca does as best a job as can be done (in particular using paypal). However for that level of security there is of course a price.

The lesson on the internet is Buyer and Seller Be Aware.

While I can see why some members would like to see Heatware used, I can understand if the mayor chooses not to for expense or whatever other reason.

Just my two cents.

Trevor...
May 24th, 2004, 03:14 AM
I don't know if that is true, I just bought an LCD monitor from someone who only has 9 posts.

Another thing some scammers do is play it straight on a few deals, I dealt with a scammer in Calgary named Robert Gabinet, He was totally clean with me and a few other people, but was also scaming other people.