: I FINALLY got my Mac!!!

talonracer
Oct 31st, 2007, 11:04 AM
Allo all!
After many, many years of wishing upon a star, I finally got a Mac! 15" MacBook Pro - yowza!

I'm still just getting my feet wet and trying to learn all the cool features, but so far I'm very impressed! It's so funny - one of the things that added to the "golly gee" factor for me was the Stickies app: so simple and yet it made me think "how cool, how thoughtful!"

Anyhow, I'm at work so I should probably get down to it - happily on my Mac!

- talonracer

TrevX
Oct 31st, 2007, 11:11 AM
You will be pleasantly surprised by all of the thoughtfulness put into the Mac and Mac OS X. It really is the little details that make the Mac what it is.

Welcome aboard!

Trev

MLeh
Oct 31st, 2007, 11:12 AM
If you like stickies, you'll positively giggle with glee when you start playing with F-9, F-10, and F-11.

[edit: to do so on your laptop keyboard, you'll need to use the fn key on the bottom left]

SINC
Oct 31st, 2007, 11:13 AM
Allo all!
After many, many years of wishing upon a star, I finally got a Mac! 15" MacBook Pro - yowza!

Hey tr, long time no hear from!

Congrats on your MBP. I wore out my first gen MBP already and get my new, updated MBP tomorrow.

Welcome to the MBP club.

talonracer
Oct 31st, 2007, 07:20 PM
Thanks all!!

Now if only I could figure out a way to make the shortcut keys work in Photoshop CS3, I'd be happy!

- talonracer

MaxPower
Oct 31st, 2007, 07:43 PM
Good to see you back Talonracer and congrats on the new Mac!!!

Chealion
Oct 31st, 2007, 07:50 PM
tr got a Mac? Say what?!?

Running Leopard yet?

Side question about the shortcuts, you're using the command key instead of the control key?

FeXL
Oct 31st, 2007, 07:56 PM
Woohoo! Means you're buying beer the next time we convene. Woohoo!

BTW, congrats!

eMacMan
Oct 31st, 2007, 08:55 PM
I'm still just getting my feet wet and trying to learn all the cool features, but so far I'm very impressed! It's so funny - one of the things that added to the "golly gee" factor for me was the Stickies app: so simple and yet it made me think "how cool, how thoughtful!"
- talonracer

Stickies have been a great feature since what was it OS 6? Certainly since the mid 90s.:D

MacDaddy
Nov 2nd, 2007, 12:16 PM
Bout time man!! Congrats

talonracer
Nov 2nd, 2007, 03:37 PM
If you like stickies, you'll positively giggle with glee when you start playing with F-9, F-10, and F-11.

[edit: to do so on your laptop keyboard, you'll need to use the fn key on the bottom left]

Aha! Thanks to your suggestion of the fn key, my Photoshop action shortcuts are now working! Thanks so much!

MACSPECTRUM
Nov 2nd, 2007, 07:48 PM
Allo all!

Anyhow, I'm at work so I should probably get down to it - happily on my Mac!

- talonracer

when God closes a door, Steve Jobs opens a window...
:D