: Donations needed for Brain transplant for a Mr. P Thurott

NBiBooker
May 19th, 2004, 06:44 PM
Read this nonsense:

A couple of obvious comments here. Given Apple's never-ending marketshare losses, this is probably a bad idea. OS X is even with, or behind, Windows XP in many areas, but you have to start thinking about the next generation. With Microsoft getting ready to ship Longhorn in two years, now is the time that Apple should be churning out the upgrades and getting a lead on XP for a change. You know, maybe actually innovate for a change and make the OS as easy to use as it is beautiful to look at. - P. Thurott. .

Yeah, that P. Thurott, the one user in the world who loves Windows like a Mac user likes OS X.

1) Apple's never-ending marketshare loses - Hmm sure if you ignore real data, I guess you might reach that conclusion. Idiot.

2) OS X is even with, or behind Windows XP. - What planet are you living on again?

I'm not going to go any further than this, but it should be illegal to lie so blantantly to people. I mean come on...

TroutMaskReplica
May 19th, 2004, 06:54 PM
umm... what is this? where is it from? some context please

NBiBooker
May 19th, 2004, 07:30 PM
Trout,

It's from Paul Thurott's Internet Nexus website / blog.

http://www.internet-nexus.com/

Strongblade
May 19th, 2004, 08:58 PM
The man is definitely in a 'Rob Enderle" mindset.

That is to say, rather out of touch with reality, from the sound of his blog entries...

Apple NOT innovating? Ummm... maybe in bizarro world...

TroutMaskReplica
May 19th, 2004, 10:09 PM
he doesn't appear to be particularly knowledgeable about the stuff he writes about.

does he have a following? does anyone read this drivel?

and why the seething hatred of anything apple?

Pelao
May 19th, 2004, 10:12 PM
I have seen him quoted here and there.

there is plenty to be critical of when it comes to Apple and Macs, but this guy just sounds bitter. And immature.

Sad.

Carex
May 20th, 2004, 02:56 AM
Interesting observation about immaturity. I read, some time ago now, a so-called interview he conducted with a couple of members of the Longhorn development team. It basically defined the word syncophant. I had trouble getting through the entire article/interview reading about him gushing over the wonderful things these folks were doing. I'd almost bet they weren't that impressed with his devotion to their all-knowing innovation and genius.

Chealion
May 20th, 2004, 06:01 PM
Paul Thurott is very good at what he does. He's praised iTunes and said it was the best thing ever, and 2 weeks later for another magazine said it was useless and that without WMA support, it would fail within a few months.

He is most definitely an adept liar and a great journalist from the stand point, he'll write whatever you want so long as you pay him. I've also heard him referred to as the FUD master, as his opinions are so often misinformed.

I'd like him to explain to me where XP is better then OS X in it's innovation and ease of use. I'm sorry, but wizards are only easy to use the first time and a waste of time after that.

Pelao
May 20th, 2004, 07:10 PM
Chealion...you're right, I remember his iTunes praises.

He is clearly a model of modern journalism