: Just ordered my iBook G4!

emceepj
May 18th, 2004, 09:10 PM
and i can't wait!!! should arrive sometime next week most likely... no longer will GB lag under my compositions! Photoshop will tremble before me! mua ha ha ha!!!

Phil

NBiBooker
May 18th, 2004, 09:21 PM
Did you get a 12" or a 14? 1.0 or 1.2 Ghz? Max on the Ram?

I'm just curious, and I'm sure you'll have a great time with it!

Leanne
May 18th, 2004, 11:24 PM
Oooh, I'm so jealous! I'm saving for a G4 14" iBook...I don't think I'll be able to get mine until around the end of August though. Lucky! Tell us what you ordered! And be sure to post pics when it arrives! smile.gif

Ohenri
May 19th, 2004, 12:08 AM
[sigh].

I had - for a hot minute - my 12"PB. Looks like the HD needs replacement. Will have to wait another few days before I can really get down with some GB'ing. Was GB stuttering with your iBook??

H!

emceepj
May 19th, 2004, 03:33 AM
i'm getting a 12" 1 ghz iBook with 256 megs (to be upgraded) of ram, airport extreme, 40 gig HD, and bluetooth.

ohenri: yeah, i'm on an iBook G3 600 right now, and GB didn't like compositions with more than about 4 instruments...

Leanne: you can bet i'll have a whole .mac page devoted to my new 'book as soon as it arrives! :D

are there still logic board issues with the iBooks? i'm terrified i'll get a screwed one somehow.

p.

Jason H
May 19th, 2004, 10:55 PM
Enjoy. I love my iBook G4. I just need to max out the ram.
I hope you can adjust to the new case style - i wish apple had never switched it - the original icebook case rocked.
Enjoy...

special-op navy seal
May 20th, 2004, 12:27 AM
hey, I too live in the Vancouver area (Port Coquitlam). Where are u going to update the ram?

maximusbibicus
May 20th, 2004, 09:11 AM
Congrats.

My girlfriend has an iBook G4 and loves it to death. I am sure you will too.

emceepj
May 20th, 2004, 01:02 PM
special op: i don't know really. i was just going to call a bunch of mac stores and see what they're charging. know of any good deals in vancouver?

p.

special-op navy seal
May 21st, 2004, 08:35 PM
no i don't...sorry...that's why I asked

insertclevername
May 21st, 2004, 08:42 PM
Stay AWAY from Mac stores when shopping for ram. They charge twice as much as PC dealers for the exact same stick of ram!

Check out some local PC stores, here is one suggestion:

www.atic.ca (http://www.atic.ca)