: FileSharing Programs for MP3's

Ted
May 13th, 2004, 05:14 PM
Hi,
Has anybody found a File Sharing program that works well in System 9? I've tried Limewire and iSwipe in the past and had nothing but problems. Want to download some MP3's. Haven't got X yet so can't do the iTunes thing even if I wanted to unless I get a new machine.
Thanks
Ted

Loafer
May 13th, 2004, 05:27 PM
but that would be theft ;)

Ted
May 13th, 2004, 05:33 PM
That it twould. But, but..honest, I've got the LP's. I just don't want to go through the aggravation of converting them to MP3's myself.
Ted

appleninja
May 13th, 2004, 06:03 PM
Just a thought:

It might take you just as long to find/download quality downloads of the songs you already own as it would be to convert them into mp3s.

RobTheGob
May 14th, 2004, 12:50 AM
but that would be theft
I thought this subject had already been discussed.

AlienRadar
May 14th, 2004, 10:51 AM
The thing about Limewire is that the free version is crippled, the Pro one works much better.Faster, 3X as many sources.

So, use the free version to d/l Limewire Pro ( oh, the irony! ) and you're all set. Look for version numbers 3.6 and up.

RicktheChemist
May 14th, 2004, 01:16 PM

RobTheGob
May 14th, 2004, 09:10 PM
ehMac takes piracy seriously.. I'm not sure what piracy has been discussed. It's fairly common knowledge that currently in Canada it's completely legal to upload and download music. The federal government has acknowledged the situation by talking about creating new laws to close the "loopholes"... Lot's of people here disagree with it, but the feds seem to know how things are right now.

They shouldn't be able to have it both ways - charging taxes on blank media *and* making downloading illegal. I'm sure the record labels would like it that way, but I'm pretty sure that they'd also like a debit card linked directly into my bank accounts as well.

elmer
May 14th, 2004, 09:36 PM
huh? I thought uploading was illegal for sure. Where are you getting that from?

special-op navy seal
May 14th, 2004, 10:45 PM
check this out

http://www.cbc.ca/stories/2004/03/31/canada/download_court040331

mac-yyz
May 16th, 2004, 08:56 PM
The Martin Gov't is already looking at changing the law to address this recent ruling, so swap, etc. quickly...

smile.gif

Ryan1524
May 16th, 2004, 11:44 PM
what? if they even dare to try and overrule that ruling.... :mad: :mad: :mad:

this is what makes Canada great...please don't take it away. :(

for now, though, file sharing is still legal in canada. so share on. :D