: Adobe Streamline for OS X?

The Librarian
May 12th, 2004, 02:52 PM
just wondering, if adobe has not made an OS X version of the great piece of software, what are people using to vectorize graphics in OS X?

avalonian
May 12th, 2004, 03:00 PM
Streamline is the only good reason to keep Classic running on my iBook. No OS X alternatives that I know of. The autotracing in Illustrator never cut the mustard for me.

Gerbill
May 12th, 2004, 09:54 PM
I personally asked Colin Smith of Adobe whether StreamLine would ever be updated, and the answer was "definitely not." I haven't given up hope of seeing the functionality rolled into Illustrator at some point.

Cheers :-> Bill

Visual-Q
May 12th, 2004, 11:54 PM
It's unfortunate when good programs fall by the wayside, I would love to see the older Kai's Power Tools filters updated.

There is still KPT 7 but versions 3,4,5( I never saw 6) as well as KPT Convolver had some of the best filters I've seen and are not available for OSX as far as I can see.

The Librarian
May 12th, 2004, 11:57 PM
i agree...

but seriously, are OS X users just not vectorizing anymore?

personally, i use an old machine for streamline. there's got to be a better way...

Noodleboy
May 14th, 2004, 12:26 PM
Hey there,

Try looking at www.silhouetteonline.com (http://www.silhouetteonline.com)

I had a gander at the tryout a year ago; and it wasn't too bad. I still use Streamline under OS 9; but I would prefer to move on to only OS X software.

Cheers,

Noodleboy.

MannyP Design
May 14th, 2004, 12:29 PM
I've actually moved my vectorizing over to MM Flash's Bitmap tracing feature. Not *exactly* what it was intended for, but I like the results all the same.

iGeeK
May 16th, 2004, 06:36 PM
I agree... but seriously, are OS X users just not vectorizing anymore?
Personally, I use an old machine for Streamline. There's got to be a better way... They would be vectorizing if they had the tool. I'm baffled as to why Adobe let such an useful tool as Streamline fade away.

This is a piece of software which likewise lives on one of my older computers. Actually, on my IIci, hooked up to an old HP grayscale scanner. For B & W artwork vectorizing (of which I do a LOT), it's still a workhorse setup.

Sure, I could run it in Classic, but I don't want to. :D

Oh, yeah I also have Photoshop 4 installed, because believe it or not, it does certain things better AND faster than the current version. And it 's compatible with the old KPT. smile.gif

Cheers,

G/<