: I need to be updated!

wonderings
Sep 13th, 2007, 11:38 AM
Well just came back from a 2 1/2 week vacation in the UK to find out about the iPod touch. I have a few questions (I feel so uniformed not having internet for 2 weeks!). Both questions are regarding the wifi, will the iPod touch see an itunes computer on wifi and allow you to play the music from another computer? Just like iTunes on a network works. Also can you share music or photos via the wifi? I cant seem to find any real info regarding the wifi other then for surfing the web.

mikeinmontreal
Sep 13th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Google telekinesis Mac

hayesk
Sep 13th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Well just came back from a 2 1/2 week vacation in the UK to find out about the iPod touch. I have a few questions (I feel so uniformed not having internet for 2 weeks!). Both questions are regarding the wifi, will the iPod touch see an itunes computer on wifi and allow you to play the music from another computer? Just like iTunes on a network works. Also can you share music or photos via the wifi? I cant seem to find any real info regarding the wifi other then for surfing the web.

No. It will not do that. You will need to load the music on the iPod itself. Would be a nice idea though.

HowEver
Sep 13th, 2007, 01:14 PM

mikeinmontreal
Sep 13th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Additional info here:

Hidden Feature Makes iPodtouch and iPhone Physical Storage Limitations (a bit) Obsolete | 9 to 5 Mac (http://www.9to5mac.com/trick-wifi-ipod-touch-iphone-unlimited-storage-2343452)

I think imachungry was able to stream video from his home network to the iphone.