Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

Ok... Let's see those Macs....

2K views 27 replies 18 participants last post by  Pelao 
#1 ·
Now that we have seen all those desktop pictures... Let's see what they are running on.

Come on people, show up those beautiful machines.... :D

Here is one of mine, not a good image though so I'll try to get a better one later...

MrVermin

See less See more
#2 ·

#6 ·
CapitolK said:

My Tangerine iBook which I have modded by adding some Blueberry pieces. Why? Because they were there.
So .... You now have a Tangberry iBook...

MrVermin

#7 ·
Yah, I also removed the metal shielding from behind the inside bottom, so it is now see-through. You can sort of make out the battery in the bottom of the iBook there.

#8 ·
This is mine (whilst unpacking after our move to the the new homestead). It's essentially the same, except the system has a Matrix theme and the tablet is actually set up.

Hopefully in the near future this will be moved to the wife's desk, and a G5 will replace it's current resting place. ;)

#9 ·
Is that the 15" display, Manny? How's it working on that size and vid res?

#14 ·
Is that the 15" display, Manny? How's it working on that size and vid res?
Yup. The first version of the iMac G4... purchased about 2 months before the 17" version came out. :(

It's okay to work on... I don't mind it, however I'm used to working on a much larger screen at work. LCD monitors are just not conducive to the graphic design field -- the colour is never consistent, even when calibrated; the slightest shift in my seat will change the overall contrast and it's unbearable to do 4-colour print design on it. :mad: I don't know why some people love the LCD monitor... it's got nice vibrant colours and detail (almost too much detail), but there is a nice overall warmth to a CRT, I find that can't be beat.

Video editing is fine. I've done several hours of video projects although iMovie hasn't improved performance-wise since 1.0 :confused: Final Cut Express/DVD SP works decent enough.

It's an okay gaming machine, but is quickly loosing ground with the next gen. games that are coming out (Halo, Call to Duty, Medal of Honor:Spearhead, Unreal, etc.). I should have waited.

#18 ·
LOL Lars!

Well, that picture is an OLD one from last summer. Frankly, I was fine with the gelcap mouse, because I usually learn the key commands (faster, IMO) -- until Exposé, that is. Now, I have the Microsoft Trackball Explorer mouse.

Also, my Mac's arse isn't sticking out anymore (it's now frontside out) -- and my Mac is a helluvalot faster, now! ;)

#25 ·
My Pride and Joy...

My PC is conveniently out of view

#26 ·
RC51Pilot,
What printer is that you have ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.