: Anyone else having Sympatico billing problems?

satchmo
Feb 17th, 2007, 12:02 PM
I've been with these guys for years and am constantly overbilled.

Even though I have e-mails confirming a discounted monthly rate, it seems like their promotions/sales department doesn't speak to their billing department.

And of course inconveniently, their billing department is closed on weekends.

monokitty
Feb 17th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Wrong forum. :)

Digital_Gary
Feb 17th, 2007, 01:20 PM

Even though I have e-mails confirming a discounted monthly rate, it seems like their promotions/sales department doesn't speak to their billing department.

Just noticed this morning actually. I'll be calling on Monday to complain. As of September, they have been billing me full price instead of the reduced contract price I signed up for in April/May last year.

green_ears
Feb 17th, 2007, 01:25 PM
I know someone who has been overbilled incredible amounts TWICE this year alone!

mrjimmy
Feb 17th, 2007, 02:12 PM
I have played the game of overbill/ credit since I started with Sympatico. I am on a contract and they constantly have overlooked this fact. After they overbill me I phone and they credit me the amount back.

Then it happens all over again.

About every six months I get mad and they throw me a bone with a free month or two.

I'm convinced they do it because many of their subscibers don't catch on. That would make them dishonest wouldn't it?

mguertin
Feb 17th, 2007, 03:41 PM
When I cancelled my service with Sympatico a few years back, they continued to bill me for 6 MONTHS after my service was stopped, which caused me all kinds of chaos as it direct withdrawl from an account I had stopped using shortly after cancelling their service ... long story short over a 6 month period they put it hundreds of dollars into the negative. One montth they tried to pull money 8 times (twice a week). The account ended up getting shut down and one day i got a call from the bank for collections (I was shocked). They informed me of all of this and sent me paperwork on it. I was very unhappy with the bank for not notifying me sooner (I didn't get a monthly statement from them but had a bank book for that account).

After a long battle with the bank and sympatico I finally ended up giving up and paying all of the fees on this account. I never got any credit from them for all the $$ they cost me in overdraft fees let alone the additional money they got from me on my account that they stated "still showed signs of usage" .. even though I could provide them a phone bill from my cancellation that clearly stated that the DSL card was removed from my phone line.

Long story short ... they are crooks ... they have no idea what is going on from one department to the other, and they really don't care about the customers at the end of the day.

teknikz
Feb 17th, 2007, 04:06 PM
I know someone who has been overbilled incredible amounts TWICE this year alone!

============

Thats nothing , I signed up with them for 3months free with the purchase of a new pc(ugh whole other story) and they billed me for the service regardless. They didn't even send a bill , I then recieved a call from creditors demanding payment of some odd 250$.

Naturally I refused and they kept hounding me. I would call them three times a week to get them to credit my rightfull amount. They had me fax my receipt on THREE occasions ( from a BELLWORLD store) and everytime they denied recieving anything.

Finally after weeks and weeks of fighting and being escalated. They finally threw in the towel and apologised.

They then gave me internet for a discount for 6months(which they twice forgot and I had to call). Alas I cant dump their services because I get 4.7 megabits downlink and in the 700's uplink.

I refuse to go to rogers because of the nasty emails I got for downloading certain programs and music files(yes i know its illegal , but im a needy student). Not to mention the major chokeage of the bandwith while torrenting. Until I find a decent service provider who can give me the speeds and the rental modem im stuck with bell.

Bjornbro
Feb 17th, 2007, 04:21 PM
I have played the game of overbill/ credit since I started with Sympatico. I am on a contract and they constantly have overlooked this fact. After they overbill me I phone and they credit me the amount back.

Then it happens all over again.

About every six months I get mad and they throw me a bone with a free month or two.

I'm convinced they do it because many of their subscibers don't catch on. That would make them dishonest wouldn't it?
Oh good, I thought it was just me. I don't use sympatico, but I have ExpressVu and it's the same story.