: OS X updates today

Pelao
Feb 15th, 2007, 06:30 PM
Apparently Apple has released DST updates, a security update and a Java update

edit: oops, someone else already posted. Oh well...it's important!

Heart
Feb 15th, 2007, 07:29 PM
It would be nice to see a 10.4.9... but maybe they are waiting until after the release of Leopard....

martman
Feb 15th, 2007, 07:42 PM
It would be nice to see a 10.4.9... but maybe they are waiting until after the release of Leopard....
I suspect that is indeed the case.

Lawrence
Feb 15th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Well I hope the Java update fixes the problems I've been having using Safari on a
Windows website that I'm a paying member of, It's been frustrating having to use Firefox instead of Safari.

www.pogo.com

(I'm addicted to their games)

Dave

MacDoc
Feb 15th, 2007, 08:31 PM
Just recall the disaster that was 10.3.9 - be careful what you wish for :eek:

Update done here - 7300 card firmware was welcome - seems a bit better handling heavy image loads.

monokitty
Feb 15th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Just recall the disaster that was 10.3.9 - be careful what you wish for

Just a tad premature to automatically assume 10.4.9 might be a disaster. I never had a problem with 10.3.9 on any Mac I installed it on, just for the record.

Back on topic, I installed all of today's updates without issue. :)

mrjimmy
Feb 15th, 2007, 11:32 PM
Did the update and appear to have spinning beachball issues on some sites. I'm using Safari. Hmmmm :rolleyes:

mojoprofilms
Feb 16th, 2007, 12:05 PM
I only had the spinning ball for a few minutes when I first booted up, and since then it has been fine.

Elric
Feb 17th, 2007, 11:26 AM
I installed the newest updates, itunes and Quicktime and security, but it keeps failing to install :(
http://www.therecordworks.com/images/failed.jpg

The Doug
Feb 17th, 2007, 11:44 AM
Ran all updates this morning, no problems whatsoever.

And I didn't have any issues with my G5 back in the 10.3.9 days. :)

monokitty
Feb 17th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Elric -- try installing just one of the updates at a time. It may or may not make a difference. Or, try to download and install them manually via Apple's web site instead of through Software Update.

MacAddict
Feb 17th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Can't say whether it's because of any Safari update, but for some time now I have been experiencing a distinct slow response whenever I wish to access another web site. Naturally one looks for a work around and each time I witness this tardiness ( no action detected on the cable modem,) I hit the "X" button followed immediately by the "reload" button and I see the immediate reaction on the cable modem while the progress blue bar zips across the entry. This does get tedious after a while. Sometimes I wonder whether my ISP or the modem is at fault, but obviously after the "reload" button is activated neither seem to have fallen down on the job. Anyone else experience this kind of Safari behaviour ?