: Car Repair & Maintenance app?

csonni
Feb 14th, 2007, 06:18 PM
I'm looking for a good repair and maintenance application for a vehicle or two. I have tried CarCompanion which, to me is pathetic as well as Care Car 4.0 which is not really shareware if you can't really try out its functions without paying and registering. It's also a FileMaker Pro app. Any others I'm missing?

FeXL
Feb 14th, 2007, 11:04 PM
Not exactly sure what features you're looking for, or what platform, but we use TealAuto on our Palm Tungsten/E PDA. It tracks fillups, trips, maintenance, parking meter times and will create exportable reports in a number of formats. The software is capable of reminders for oil changes, car washes and any other scheduled maintenance you care to set up, on multiple vehicles. We use it to track business related vehicle use for expenses & tax time. I think it cost around $30 US.

csonni
Feb 15th, 2007, 06:37 AM
Thanks for that one, but I'm referring to OSX.

csonni
Feb 15th, 2007, 07:19 AM
Just checked out the TealPoint products. I really like TealAuto. Wish there was a Mac desktop version. Trying out the Palm version now. Looks good.

FeXL
Feb 15th, 2007, 12:38 PM
It's neat in that it will also do unit conversions (US gallons->litres, currency, etc.) for any out of country travelling.

An OS X version would be good, if for no other reason than easier data entry on some of the repairs. That, and being able to use a larger screen than what the PDA's offer. Maybe they could have the two sync.

We've found that the best way to export data is to write it to the PDA's SD card and then read the card w/ a card reader from the computer desktop. Always seems a fight to try to get data from the Palm desktop application.