: Mouse pad tip

MacDoc
Feb 12th, 2007, 10:49 AM
My 3m mouse pad was pretty grubby and I found the mouse not moving smoothly.
Cleaned up both pad and mouse but still not as effortless as I like.
Bit of baby powder rubbed into the pad......smooth...as well......;)

Really made a huge difference. I suspect this work for any of the neoprene pads as well.

madgunde
Feb 12th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Just get an optical or laser mouse and throw your germ infested mousepad away. Haven't used mouse pads for years.

Pelao
Feb 12th, 2007, 12:17 PM
MacDoc - thanks for the tip.

Just get an optical or laser mouse and throw your germ infested mousepad away. Haven't used mouse pads for years.

My desk surface produces an unpleasant rasping sound when mousing, and I like the wrist rest on my 3M.

rgray
Feb 12th, 2007, 12:46 PM
My 3m mouse pad was pretty grubby and I found the mouse not moving smoothly.
Cleaned up both pad and mouse but still not as effortless as I like.
Bit of baby powder rubbed into the pad......smooth...as well......;)

Really made a huge difference. I suspect this work for any of the neoprene pads as well.
This an optical/laser mouse? If it is a ball type, this tip can kill it if the powder gets on the ball and tossed around inside, which it will.... :confused:

VO1NFLD
Feb 12th, 2007, 02:48 PM
i don't even use mousepads anymore . i find that they don't allow the mouse to work properly .

kevs~just kevs
Feb 14th, 2007, 10:13 AM

In my case this doesn't work. My desk is wood and ends up getting scratched by the buttons that are on the bottom of the mouse(it's bluetooth).

MacDoc
Feb 14th, 2007, 10:28 AM
3M mouse pads are must have items. The wrist rest alone is worth the small price and the surface is optimized for laser tracking.
There are tiny groves in the surface. It's alot of confortable technology for a little price and I'd never be without it even with a trackball as the wrist rest is critical.

Those not using a proper optical surface and wrist support are doing more work than they know.

Who uses ball type mice anymore?? :eek: Have not seen one in a long time and I suspect it would not hurt it in the least given the grundge I've seen inside ball mice in the past.

Once you use a 3m pad you'll not go back.

Pelao
Feb 14th, 2007, 11:45 AM
Once you use a 3m pad you'll not go back.

Yup.

wooglin
Feb 14th, 2007, 02:00 PM
lol... I remember back in '95 when a rez-mate at university was one of the early adopters of 3M's PMS - Precision Mousing Surface. He was a total mac geek, and so excited to get this new pad for his desk. Damn times change fast.

Luc Tremblay
Feb 14th, 2007, 02:29 PM
A mouse pad? No need for such a thing.

I taped a sheet of paper on my desk :lmao: