: Making Music on a PC

audiodan
Feb 11th, 2007, 11:57 AM
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/morefun/makemusic.mspx
(From M$'s Website)
Advanced:GarageBand (U.S.$79)
Part of iLife '05, a suite of integrated applications (including iMovie and iDVD), GarageBand is a popular program that turns a Mac computer into a professional-quality recording studio for musicians.
The intuitive interface lets music lovers create and record music by selecting from the more than 50 virtual instruments (including a convincing grand piano) and more than 1,000 professional-quality audio loops that can be used in a new composition. Players can also attach instruments to their computer, such as music keyboard or electric guitar (via analog input or microphone), which can be recorded, edited, and mixed together with other tracks.
GarageBand users can also add more instruments and loops with any of four Jam Packs (U.S.$99). These expansion discs each add more than 2,000 additional loops and dozens of new software instruments, among other features

Bjornbro
Feb 11th, 2007, 12:05 PM
I was never a fan of Marc Saltzman, but it's still funny to know that Microsoft doesn't even read the solicited opinions which are to be posted on their own website. :lmao:

SoyMac
Feb 11th, 2007, 03:10 PM
I clicked on the "Was this article helpful? - Yes" button at the bottom of the article. A window appeared asking for further feedback.

I wrote:
"Thanks for the tip to Garageband! If all Apple software is this good, I'm going to get a Mac right away!"

:lmao:

azilnik
Feb 13th, 2007, 01:30 AM
They changed it to Cubase now. I honestly didn't see the problem, yes it's amusing that they chose Garageband, not only because it's a Mac program but also it's not even a pro app. Anyway I think they should be more honest in saying that Macs are better at creative stuff than PCs. Although I do admit, I like Premiere more than FCP, that was the one thing holding me back from switching but only a few months after I switch, Adobe announces that it's coming to mac!
Sorry for getting off topic... But ye, they changed it.

maccam
Feb 13th, 2007, 08:57 AM
I was never a fan of Marc Saltzman

This guy is soooo anti-Mac. He's like a M$/PC mole or something. It's fun to pick out all his mistakes in his articles of total misinformation and correct him on air or by writing to the various publications that he's suckered into believing he knows what he's talking about. Anything to expose him for the moron he truly is..:lmao: