: S-Video on Powerbook

James3967
Jan 23rd, 2007, 03:30 PM
Hi,

I have a G4 powerbook 1.25 ghz -

I was trying to hook this up to my LCD TV the other night using an S-Video cable. When I did I would momentarily see my screen on the TV then it would go black.

Is this an issue with the cable perhaps? What other options do I have for hooking it to my tv? I do not want to buy another S-Video cable until I know my options.

Thanks!

James

madgunde
Jan 23rd, 2007, 03:45 PM
Sounds like either the cable, or a bad connector at either end. The quickest way to tell is to try a different s-video cable. Why don't you buy one and return it if it doesn't fix the problem? Make sure you confirm the return policy from where you buy it though, and try to get a cable that comes in a re-sealable package.

Macified
Jan 23rd, 2007, 03:58 PM
You could also check your video settings. Once you've connected the cable and turned on the tv, you should go to your display settings in the preferences. There may also be a display icon in your Finder menu bar. Generally the default resolution over the S-Video is 800*600, check to see if the tv shows up in the display prefs and that the settings will work for it. Possbily the refresh rate needs to be adjusted.

Good luck.