: Nano wont turn on and makes a weird noise

overboosted
Jan 15th, 2007, 07:19 PM
hey everyone,

My ipod nano stopped working for no reason, it worked when i left to go home for christmas, i came home 2 weeks later and it wont turn on.

I have a dual cable, one usb, and a firewire 400 plug. Now, my ibook nor my Acer will detech the ipod when its plugged in with either usb or firewire. And it makes a buzzing noise, but only when plugged in. And i also tryed a real ipod cable borrowed from my freind and the same thing happens.

Anyone have any ideas? the thing came off applecare in december!! the screen will not turn on, and it just buzzs!

Thanks,

Rob

monokitty
Jan 15th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Out of warranty iPod repairs, which this one will be, cost the same as a repaired/replacement iPod. Definitely a hardware problem with your iPod nano, and not worth repairing in any fashion, financially speaking.

overboosted
Jan 15th, 2007, 10:50 PM
ya i figured that, was just thinking someone might have an idea before i throw itin the trash and buy something else.

im really mad that the ipod died like this and worked 100% when i left, and it wasnt touched the whole timeme and my roommate where gone.

oh well, im the trash it goes.

Rob

audiodan
Jan 15th, 2007, 11:15 PM
Ouch, sorry to hear that.

djstp
Jan 16th, 2007, 12:15 AM
have you tried duin a restore? if after the restore its still duin it, then you will need to get snarly

overboosted
Jan 16th, 2007, 10:49 AM
ya it wont even turn on at all.

when i plug it in, it wont even detect that the device is plug in with 2 dirrent cables anda mac and a pc.

mikef
Jan 16th, 2007, 12:41 PM
Don't throw it out, sell it on eBay. Lots of people buy broken iPods on eBay for parts (especially if the screen/case is still good, for example)

Demosthenes X
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Does it come up in Disk Utility? And if not, try slapping it a few times. Can't make it any worse, right? :D My old 3G did this a few times, and I was always able to get it working again. It finally died for good just recently...