: VMWare - How to get my 6gb back

UnleashedLive
Jan 10th, 2007, 08:15 PM
I figured I'd give VMWare a shot. I partitioned 6gb out, installed Windows, found for some reason it was running my processor up to 75deg. causing the processors to stop. So I uninstalled VMware, but how do I get my 6gb back? Or if I go to install Parallels or Boot Camp will it recognize the 6gb and allow me to use that?

da_jonesy
Jan 10th, 2007, 09:43 PM
I figured I'd give VMWare a shot. I partitioned 6gb out, installed Windows, found for some reason it was running my processor up to 75deg. causing the processors to stop. So I uninstalled VMware, but how do I get my 6gb back? Or if I go to install Parallels or Boot Camp will it recognize the 6gb and allow me to use that?

Look for a *.vmdk file. This is your virtual disk. Delete that file to get disk space back.

ErikO
Jan 21st, 2007, 03:31 AM
Go into your user panel in your HD, then you will see a folder named "vmware". Just delete that and you'll get your partition back. I had the same problem when I first started playing around with it.

Funny how it takes 40mins to install XP, and only a few seconds to wipe it out....