: Magic battery issue w/ MacBook

RevMatt
Oct 6th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Brand new MacBook. Came Tuesday, and I haven't conditioned the battery yet, since the documentation said it wasn't urgent, and this is a work machine. I had planned to do it this weekend. At the moment, however, the battery monitor is behaving strangely. I just unplugged it, and instead of showing the battery charge level, the battery icon has an x through it, and it says there is no battery available. Now, given that the machine is currently unplugged and I am making this post, there blatantly IS a battery, ad it is working. But does anyone know what has caused this issue, and if it is indicative of any larger problem? I have just plugged in as I typed, and it appears to have gone away, but should I be worrying?
Last reboot was 10am this morning.

AlephNull
Oct 6th, 2006, 10:24 PM
I've noticed the exact same thing happy periodically with my Black Macbook. Seems to mostly happen just after I've unplugged it, and often when it is actually plugged in and charging (according to the little LEDs on the bottom)

Bizarre issue, but it hasnt caused any other problems for me.

jdurston
Oct 7th, 2006, 10:54 AM
I've had the same thing happen to me occasionally.
I've also had it shut down while sleeping with a good battery charge inside my laptop bag.