: Mac stock to be pulled from the market???

seetobylive
Aug 14th, 2006, 06:48 PM
Just saw on the BBC that Apple has been delinquent in reporting earnings, so much so that they might ahve their stock pulled from the market!! I'm sure it won't come to this but I wonder what they are doing, and why all the delays....

Jacklar
Aug 14th, 2006, 07:13 PM
linkage or tv?

iMan
Aug 14th, 2006, 07:40 PM
http://www.macnn.com/articles/06/08/11/aapl.incompliant.with.nsdq/

NBiBooker
Aug 14th, 2006, 07:47 PM
It's just a process letter that NASDAQ sends out automatically when companies fail to file on time. Apple stock won't get delisted.

Aug 15th, 2006, 11:17 AM
It has to do with an investigation related to the issuance of stock-option grants.

The original story is here:
http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Story/Story.aspx?guid=%7BCAA58954-3A22-4DBC-9A63-4392E5D78BE1%7D&siteid=google&dist=

DrewNL
Aug 15th, 2006, 01:24 PM
To the OP, I'd consider changing the subject of this entry. The current subject makes it seem as if there are plans to remove retail products from store shelves, instead of NASDAQ removing the ability to trade Apple shares. (ie: "Mac Stock", not "Apple Stock").......just a suggestion

-D

ShawnKing
Aug 15th, 2006, 01:43 PM
Just saw on the BBC that Apple has been delinquent in reporting earnings, so much so that they might ahve their stock pulled from the market!!

You either heard it wrong or the Beeb is blowing it *way* out of proportion.

I'm sure it won't come to this but I wonder what they are doing, and why all the delays....

Apple is having to restate earnings and has to re-file paperwork. They are late re-filing the paperwork and NASDAQ sent out boilerplate notice of delisting.

There is *no* way NASDAQ would delist Apple.

Aug 15th, 2006, 03:28 PM

In this post Enron era, I would be hesitant to say that. Ask Martha Stweart. :D

zoziw
Aug 15th, 2006, 07:59 PM
You either heard it wrong or the Beeb is blowing it *way* out of proportion.

Apple is having to restate earnings and has to re-file paperwork. They are late re-filing the paperwork and NASDAQ sent out boilerplate notice of delisting.

Oh yes they would. It won't happen because Apple will get the info out, but this is serious business.

Glad I'm not working in accounting at Apple these days. XX)

Kosh
Aug 15th, 2006, 09:25 PM
Oh yes they would. It won't happen because Apple will get the info out, but this is serious business.

Glad I'm not working in accounting at Apple these days. XX)

It's serious business but there is more procedures and process before de-listing would happen and it'll never get to the point of de-listing.

It's like a lawsuit, it takes for ever with all the paperwork, procedures, waiting, meetings, and appeals.

zoziw
Aug 15th, 2006, 10:31 PM
It's serious business but there is more procedures and process before de-listing would happen and it'll never get to the point of de-listing.

It's like a lawsuit, it takes for ever with all the paperwork, procedures, waiting, meetings, and appeals.

If a company requests a hearing it is usually held within 45 days and a ruling is issued several weeks after that. If the panel rules the stock should be de-listed then it is.

The company can file an appeal through the Hearing Review Council, then the SEC and finally the federal courts, however, their stock will be de-listed and remain so during this process.

At the very worst I would expect a company of Apple's stature to be able to present a plan that would clearly lay out how they plan to reach long term and sustained compliance, this would result in a conditional listing.

Kosh
Aug 17th, 2006, 11:51 AM
http://www.macworld.com/news/2006/08/16/options/index.php

That should ease anyone's worries. As it says at the end, I doubt NASDAQ will delist Apple.

sammy
Aug 17th, 2006, 11:55 AM
If Nortel hasn't been de-listed, I highly doubt that Apple will.