: Connection Woes

georgem
Aug 9th, 2006, 03:54 PM
Hi there, I need help badly - every time that I shut down the Mac Mini, or even leave it on but unattended, my Internet connections and network settings change. For instance, when asked to indicate my method of connecting I of course choose the correct one in my case - DSL modem, but a few minutes later it defaults to telephone modem. Also in Setup Assistant my user ID and Passwords disappear, even with the padlocks closed. Occasionally I receive the following message "Your network settings have been changed by another application." This has only started within the last month. Any help would be appreciated.

TheBat
Sep 30th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Not a reply to the OP, but a similar problem

I have a 3yr old 12" PB, running latest version of Tiger. No problem whatsoever with this computer.

I signed up for the Mobile Me trial. Now I get this message whenever I go to the network settings menu. While I connect both at home and work with no problem, I am now not able to change any network settings (should I want to) as the this screen does not allow me to do anything. Even when I click the "OK" button, ot just keeps coming back.

The only way out of this screen is to Force Quit SysPref.

The other thing I notice is that I am not able to "eject" the Network, something I could always do in the past.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

TheBat
Oct 2nd, 2008, 12:00 AM
No suggestions ?? Network issues must be a tough issue to crack?

Malco
Oct 3rd, 2008, 02:08 PM
Never-ending "Your network settings have been changed" message; fix - MacFixIt (http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?story=20080929133440824)