: Good Games?

Appleukit
Jul 4th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Hey guys I was wondering if there are any good games for the Mac. I have a PowerBook G4 1.5Ghz, 1.25GB of ram and a gforce fx go5200 64mb video card. As of now I play World of Warcraft and Warcraft III: TFT. Anything else that is good out there? I was looking at Halo or something...

MACSPECTRUM
Jul 4th, 2006, 10:45 AM
trade your PB for a MBP
get bootcamp and XP and play all the PC games you want

Appleukit
Jul 4th, 2006, 10:50 AM
trade your PB for a MBP
get bootcamp and XP and play all the PC games you want

LOL dude I just bought this, it is my first Mac. Why would I trade it, I love it :)

MACSPECTRUM
Jul 4th, 2006, 11:16 AM
LOL dude I just bought this, it is my first Mac. Why would I trade it, I love it :)

'dude,' i'm not telling you to stop using a mac, just get an intel mac if you want a shot a playing lots of good games

'dude', otherwise you're screwed

maximusbibicus
Jul 4th, 2006, 11:26 AM
'dude,' i'm not telling you to stop using a mac, just get an intel mac if you want a shot a playing lots of good games

'dude', otherwise you're screwed

Ouch. He was just asking an innocent question. :yikes:

JPL
Jul 4th, 2006, 11:42 AM
Man I hate to agree with Macspectrum but if games are your thing, and you want a Mac, Intel Macs are the way to go. Not many good games are Mac based. Having said that a real gammer will go for a game platform like PSP or XBox.

Appleukit
Jul 4th, 2006, 11:52 AM
I am not a heavy gamer, I was just curious to see what else was good for a Mac based system.

I am a junior graphic designer/animator student. That is why I purchased this machine from my uncle, AppleAuthority's father. This computer runs like a charm.

<3 Apple

Trose
Jul 4th, 2006, 12:13 PM
I'm going to try answer your question instead of telling you you have the wrong computer. If you like strategy games, I really recommend Rise of Nations. Of course, there's also Unreal Tournament 2004. Quinn (http://www.simonhaertel.de/) is a great freeware tetris clone, it can be very addictive. For free first person shooters, try sauerbraten or Wolfenstein ET. That's all I can think of off the top of my head right now.

darkscot
Jul 4th, 2006, 12:26 PM
Marble Blast Gold is amusing, Lego Star Wars is really fun for a while and of course Halo can while away the hours. Jedi Academy (FPS) and galactic battelegrounds (starcraft-style strategy) for the sci-fi enthused.

Appleukit
Jul 4th, 2006, 12:31 PM
There is no possible way to run starcraft without classic running in the background right?

Trose
Jul 4th, 2006, 12:52 PM
There is no possible way to run starcraft without classic running in the background right?Looks like you don't need classic: http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/games/demos_updates/starcraftx.html

tedj
Jul 4th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Splinter Cell
Star Wars Battlefront
Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
Rainbow Six: Raven Shield & Athena Sword
Battlefield 1942 (and the Desert Combat add on!)
all the Medal of Honor games
Call of Duty

I'm sure there's more.......

MACSPECTRUM
Jul 4th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Man I hate to agree with Macspectrum but if games are your thing, and you want a Mac, Intel Macs are the way to go. Not many good games are Mac based. Having said that a real gammer will go for a game platform like PSP or XBox.

:D

one of the signs of the coming apocalypse
JPL agrees with MACSPECTRUM

RevMatt
Jul 4th, 2006, 01:50 PM
Many good games have been put out by the people at Ambrosia. (http://www.ambrosiasw.com/news/)