: Tuxedo shops

Griller
Jun 29th, 2006, 11:42 AM
I'm currently looking for suggestions for a good tuxedo shop? Currently, I'm looking at Tuxedo Royale, Syd Silver, and Freeman's. I was wondering if any ehmacian had any comments/recommendations related to these three shops?

MannyP Design
Jun 29th, 2006, 11:56 AM
Jack Frasier rents tuxes, I believe.

SINC
Jun 29th, 2006, 12:26 PM
Have you considered Moores?

When my son got married last year, we were able to buy him a complete well fitted tux that now hangs in his closet, if he ever needs it.

The cost of the tux complete was within $20 of the rental fees at other outlets.

Granted a tux is not something that one requires often, but I had one all my life and it was nice not to have to run out and rent one every time I needed it.

Just a thought.

rondini
Jun 29th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Why is it that the bride buys a dress that she will only wear once, and the groom and his party are expected to rent their clothes for the day. I can see a greater need for a tuxedo after the wedding than the stupid dress! And don't even start on the bridesmaids dresse! Usually hideous, also only used once.

Cameo
Jun 29th, 2006, 01:30 PM
The bride and bridesmaids could also rent their dresses - but women are
harder to fit properly then men and the rental dress may not fit as well as
one that has been bought and altered to fit.

shoe
Jun 29th, 2006, 03:12 PM
I can see the panic now as a woman gets her rental dress 2 days b4 the wedding and it was altered wrong!!!

anyway back to the topic, I think there is a Tuxedo junction as well, no idea wich is best but im sure they all do a good job seeing as the type of business they are in can get a bit touchy.

Shoe

overkill
Jun 29th, 2006, 03:19 PM
Dealt with Moores as well and they had some really nice service and a nice selection for my cousin's wedding. Also I remember Tuxedo Junction being a good place for rentals.

JumboJones
Jun 29th, 2006, 10:31 PM
I just picked up a tux from sid silvers today for my friends wedding, $220! That's nuts, I heard Moores is a lot cheaper, shop around for sure. Make sure the groom's is free, it was where I rented for my wedding, but not at sids, my buddy had to pay for his too.

SINC
Jun 29th, 2006, 10:32 PM
I just picked up a tux from sid silvers today for my friends wedding, $220! That's nuts, I heard Moores is a lot cheaper, shop around for sure. Make sure the groom's is free, it was where I rented for my wedding, but not at sids, my buddy had to pay for his too.
Yep, you can BUY THE DAMN THING AT MOORE'S FOR THAT KIND OF MONEY!