: connecting palm to airport

sniper
Jun 13th, 2006, 09:21 PM
i just got my new palm tx. i'm trying to connect it to my existing airport network and am having trouble. i've gotten the palm to see the network, and connect using the right password, but it gets stuck on the "Obtaining IP address" phase and then tells me it failed to connect.

any thoughts?

winwintoo
Jun 13th, 2006, 09:27 PM
Well, that's frustrating. I seem to recall that the wifi card I had for my T5 would only work with WEP as opposed to WPA (or WAP or whatever the other kind of password is)

Anyhoo, a wise man told me long ago that I didn't need to know much as long as I knew who to ask. In this case, my first bet would be right here - and someone will probably be along with a better answer. Failing that, try this forum

http://discussion.brighthand.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12

It's all Palm and they helped me out of a lot of jams when I first started using my Palms.

Take care, Margaret

minnes
Jun 13th, 2006, 09:34 PM
Hey that's a great link!
Thanks Margaret!

planders
Jun 14th, 2006, 09:11 AM
Haven't used it since getting my Treo through work, but I seem to recall getting the same error with my T5 and WiFi card. The solution was simply to configure a manual IP address for the T5. Unless they've updated the firmware, my assumption was that there's an incompatibility in their DHCP client.

sniper
Jun 14th, 2006, 10:08 AM
work around discovered.

thanks to all for their help.

mazirion
Jul 24th, 2006, 03:23 PM
What was your work around? I've been to a few sites looking for help and nothing seems to work for me. Why can't they be like Mac's and work when you plug them in?

sniper
Jul 26th, 2006, 08:26 PM
my work around was to change my network security to using MAC address screening instead of a WEP password.