: Damnit!

Barcode711
Jun 10th, 2006, 01:12 PM
Last-night-I-brought-up-a-drink-I-had-made-for-myself-and-the-glass-somehow-fell,-broke,-spilled-on-the-lower-half-of-the-keyboard,-and-a-360-controller-which-works-fine.-Now,-the-little-rubber-thing-that-gets-pressed-by-the-plastic-extension-under-the-button-goes-down-and-up-and-the-spacebar-moves-properly-(I-cleaned-up-under-it)-but-pressing-it-does-nothing(it-worked-for-a-little-after-the-spill-but-then-it-stopped).-Do-I-need-to-change-it/see-if-Light-Computer-Centre-will-fix-it-or-is-there-anything-I-can-do?
(PS:Yes-I-know-I-shouldn't-EVER-put-drinks-near-a-computer-or-whatever-and-I-should-have-known)
(PPS:It's-a-standard-Mac-keyboard-that-comes-with-the-G5-15"-iMac)

audiodan
Jun 10th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Go to an Apple store and they will give you a brand new one. This happened to me with many keys, and I got a new one, no questions asked!

Barcode711
Jun 10th, 2006, 01:19 PM
What,-no-cost?:S

minnes
Jun 10th, 2006, 02:26 PM
why-do-you-write-like-this-?

anyway
I had apple replace my keyboard due to stuck keys, but it must be under Applecare

winwintoo
Jun 10th, 2006, 02:57 PM
why-do-you-write-like-this-?

anyway
I had apple replace my keyboard due to stuck keys, but it must be under Applecare
Because his spacebar is stuck and it's a good thing he's-writing-like-that-otherwisehe'dbewritinglikethisandnobodywouldbeable toreadit.

I don't think a keyboard that has stuck keys because of a spilled drink would be covered under warranty, but lucky for you, you can get a keyboard that will work with you Mac fairly inexpensively and using some nasty keyboard will learn you not to drink around your computer.

Take care, Margaret

krs
Jun 10th, 2006, 08:40 PM
.......otherwisehe'dbewritinglikethisandnobodywoul dbeabletoreadit.

It's actually amazing how well one can read that sentence even without the spaces. Not a quickly as with the spaces, but not bad.

Amazing thing that brain.:D

Heart
Jun 11th, 2006, 08:56 PM
otherwisehe'dbewritinglikethisandnobodywouldbeable
LOL:lmao: :clap:

You can replace it yourself for 30 to 40 buck.

You spilled the drink, not Apple. (No questions asked, drip, drip, drip)

Karma and maybe even a commandment or two.

krs
Jun 11th, 2006, 09:15 PM
Yeah -

Future shop has the Apple keyboard on sale right now for $30 and the wireless one for $50.
The Macally keyboards look nice as well although I haven't used one so I don't know how they feel. They start at $29.99.