Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

.bin to .dmg problem

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  csonni 
#1 ·
Downloaded TechTool update and changed the .bin to .dmg (as usual) but am only getting a "no mountable file systems". Anyone having a problem with this particular download?

#2 ·
csonni said:
Downloaded TechTool update and changed the .bin to .dmg (as usual) but am only getting a "no mountable file systems". Anyone having a problem with this particular download?
Why is changing the .bin to a .dmg "usual"? I've never head of doing that. .bin and .dmg files are different file types. A .bin is a package with file within. A .dmg is a disk image with files within.

#4 ·
csonni said:
I have always changed it to a .dmg because everytime I download a .bin file, Roxio Toast starts up and I have no clue what to do with it.
Download Stuffit Expander from http://www.allume.com/ and associate .bin files with that. As ColBalt said, .bin and .dmg are seperate file types and changing .bin to .dmg should actually NEVER work. If you've done it before and it worked...well, beats me.

Trev

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.