Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

Ballmer: My kids DON'T use iPods OR Google...

5K views 62 replies 24 participants last post by  Macaholic 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Do you have an iPod?

No, I do not. Nor do my children. My children--in many dimensions they're as poorly behaved as many other children, but at least on this dimension I've got my kids brainwashed: You don't use Google, and you don't use an iPod.

Think you can you crack the iPod market?

It's going to take an innovative proposition. In five years are people really going to carry two devices? One device that is their communication device, one device that is music? There's going to be a lot of opportunities to get back in that game. We want to be in that game. Expect to see announcements from us in that area in the next 12 months.
It's definitely okay to not have an iPod, and I'm sure kids without iPods would not be ridiculed for that. However, NO GOOGLE? Thanks to google I absorbed a whole bunch of information that would've probably take a lot more effort to get in libraries.

#3 ·
Sure, one could go iPodless or with other options. And, since that whole thing about Google keeping search records of everybody, I'm less inclined to use it now.

#7 ·
It's a bonny picture of the boy though - looking cool, calm, dry and fragrant as he does. Must be just after Billy gave him his pill.

#12 ·
I wish MSN search engine was not installed by default on IE, it has not improved it's capabilities. I occasionally (accidently) use it at work, it's just not worth the megabytes.

Well, his kids don't have to use Google. They probably use a meta-search-engine like Dogpile. Technically you're not using Google.:lmao:

That picture of him is quite creepy. The craziness is there behind his eyes.

#14 ·
:lmao: He admits he has his children 'brainwashed'...real nice. I don't think I would have put it quite like that (its to be expected that he's not going to say his kids love the competitor's products, but there are better ways than saying you had to 'brainwash' them so they wouldn't want an iPod).

Eww...that face...yeesh.

#15 ·
I hope his kids are ordinary, self-respecting, normal, stroppy, subversive teenagers (why should he get away with it?).

"Yeah, sure Dad. iPods? As if! You must be joking!" … etc … etc

Yeahhh! Riiiight! They've probably got one for each day of the week. They probably watch his 'Developers!' goat dance on their iPod videos along with their friends and pee themselves laughing.

#18 ·
Let's give Ballmer a break as he's just trying to protect his kids. After all, if you let them have an iPod, they'll get hooked on easy to use and really stable Apple products like a whore on crack. Then MacBook Pro and iMac hardware will start popping up everywhere. Not to mention the desire to run OS X on gereric Intel hardware instead of Windows XP. :D

#20 ·
#21 ·
ArtistSeries said:
The ones that sound “brainwashed” are the people who expect the iPod to be ubiquitous.
Give it a rest.

#23 ·
Snapple Quaffer said:

LMAO! Brings a whole new meaning to the term, "rec room".

Mrs. Balmer to Ballmer Jr., "Honey! Where's your dad?"

"Uh... renovating the rec room, mom."

"WHAT? AGAIN??"

#24 ·
Poor Macaholic - gets all testy when he thinks someone is "attacking" is love affair with the Apple.....

Have a look around - not all teenagers have iPods and a good many of them don't care to have one. Why would not having an iPod be something that is ridiculed? Is peer pressure for an iPod that strong? I though that being an Apple fanboy was all about individuality? Marching to the beat of your own drummer and all that jazz....

#25 ·
Problem is, you never have anything good to say about all of this. You're the Eeyore of our forest.

And, the point here is that Ballmer doesn't allow his kids iPods. They may want them... for whatever reason. It's all no big deal. Just fun. Relax.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.