: Keyboard Backlighting

betelgeuse
Dec 1st, 2003, 07:48 AM
I find that the illumination provided by the screen is more than enough to see the keys in the dark. I have it turned off to save power or something.

SINC
Dec 1st, 2003, 09:33 AM
Keyboard backlighting on my Powerbook?

That's news to me. How does one turn it on, or off for that matter?

(I have the 12.1"/1Hhz/Superdrive model Al Powerbook.)

Cheers

smile.gif

AdrianL
Dec 1st, 2003, 10:10 AM
Sinc,

If I'm not mistaken I think the backlight is only on the 15 and 17 power books.

Digital_Gary
Dec 1st, 2003, 10:12 AM
You don't have it. It's only comes stock on the 17" and the 1.25GHz 15". It can be added to the 1GHz 15" either as a special order or we can add it after the fact but it ends up costing a little more.

RicktheChemist
Dec 1st, 2003, 11:38 AM
Wonder.. if the 12" could support the backlight keyboard? Something to ask a good old technician...

Cheers,

RtC

Digital_Gary
Dec 1st, 2003, 12:52 PM
I don't think so. There are 3 or 4 parts that make up the system. We can buy them to add on after the fact but I don't think the 12" has the places to mount them.

I'll ask my Service guys to check it out. If it's doable, I'll post back.

jfpoole
Dec 1st, 2003, 12:55 PM
One of the "neat" things about the new PowerBooks is the keyboard backlighting -- it's a neat feature that's fun to demonstrate to friends and strangers alike. I'm beginning to find, though, that keyboard backlighting only makes sense in near darkness. In other situations it seems to make the keys even harder to read.

Am I the only person that thinks this?

dibenga
Dec 1st, 2003, 01:00 PM
oh - yeah, hack'in my 12" powerbook... gimmie that backlight!

SINC
Dec 1st, 2003, 03:07 PM
I suspected that I did not have this feature, but the subject post used the term Powerbooks, plural.

I just wanted to be sure I hadn't missed a toy to play with!

Cheers

:D

Digital_Gary
Dec 1st, 2003, 04:12 PM
Just talked to my service manager and he said there is no way to install the backlit keyboard in a 12". Sorry fellows :(