: Apple is my fav company

Jgamer
Feb 22nd, 2006, 03:20 PM
I am amazed.... Yesterday i went to apple.ca signed up a login, and selected a MBP and put it to saved cart.
Today I get a call from an Apple employ from California. I had a nice talk with him, he allowed me to ask questions and gave me all the answers i wanted! He then sent me an email.

----------------------
Hello Josh,

I just wanted to thank you for your time on the phone. I am here to act as your personal Apple Sales Assistant. I can do that through answering any questions or issues about your future purchase. I will also inform you of any current promotions or offers. Sometimes the computer buying process can be overwhelming. I will make it easy for you. You can give me a call or reply to this email.

I look forward to working with you soon.

Matt Boone
Sales Rep.
Apple Computer Inc
*his work email*
*work line ext*
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm truely amazed at how far Apple goes for its consumers. Does Dell or other companies assign personal sales reps and have them personally contact their consumers?? i never heard of such a thing. Bravo Apple. Way to make the consumer feel secure!

thejst
Feb 22nd, 2006, 05:14 PM
Yeah, but wait until they get your money. Then decide. :lmao:

DoNotPokeTheScreen
Feb 22nd, 2006, 06:34 PM
This Matt Boone guy emailed me before, too.

CN
Feb 22nd, 2006, 06:43 PM
Don't be too impressed :lmao: That's a form email they send to everyone who saves a high priced cart (they vary it a little depending on whether or not they could reach you by phone). I got a similar email from a couple of different sales reps...I thinks its a pretty standard thing within Apple.

monokitty
Feb 22nd, 2006, 06:46 PM
Don't be too impressed :lmao: That's a form email they send to everyone who saves a high priced cart (they vary it a little depending on whether or not they could reach you by phone). I got a similar email from a couple of different sales reps...I thinks its a pretty standard thing within Apple.

Yeah, well, how many large companies send personalized e-mails? Some companies don't even send an automated e-mail, let alone a personalized one. Shows good customer service regardless.

Bjornbro
Feb 22nd, 2006, 07:46 PM
I had a similar experience (https://www.ehmac.ca/showthread.php?t=25321) on April 1st of last year.

Rob777
Feb 22nd, 2006, 10:31 PM
I've talked to Matt also, last August.

DBerG
Feb 22nd, 2006, 11:39 PM
I find it really nice and friendly. Cudos to Apple for asking if we need help with our purchase!:cool:

CN
Feb 23rd, 2006, 12:02 AM
"Cudos to Apple for asking if we need help with our purchase!"

Heheheh...when Futureshop employees do the same thing, it makes me want to strangle them, but its Apple...so its okay :lmao: Just kidding, email is obviously less obtrusive than an in your face sales rep.