: Razr dead pixels

Mrsam
Feb 22nd, 2006, 01:33 AM
I've noticed about 8 dead pixels scattered across the screen of my razr...has anyone else had this problem and does anyone know if this is justification for repair/replacement?

Mrsam
Feb 22nd, 2006, 02:04 AM
So, Turns out it isn't dead pixels its just alot of dust that has gotten under the screen somehow...I called rogers because they initially told me i could exchange withini 30 days if i didnt like it (I've had it for 22) what they neglected to tell me is that the policy is 30 days OR 10 mins of airtime! :mad: I called rogers, as expected they were not willing to do anything!

dona83
Feb 22nd, 2006, 02:22 AM
did you buy it from a rogers dealer or rogers directly? I find the dealers themselves are more willing to take in a phone for repairs. and the 30 days/10 minutes apply to returning for a refund only I think...

mikehole
Feb 22nd, 2006, 03:24 AM
yah i had lots of dust settling behind the razr's screen, i had to take apart the screen and clean it.

RicktheChemist
Feb 22nd, 2006, 07:31 AM

Mrsam
Feb 23rd, 2006, 01:08 AM
I bought it directly from rogers. :( They were very rude about it on the phone to...

Mrsam
Feb 23rd, 2006, 01:08 AM
yah i had lots of dust settling behind the razr's screen, i had to take apart the screen and clean it.
Is there a guide to doing that...?

dona83
Feb 23rd, 2006, 01:36 AM
I bought it directly from rogers. :( They were very rude about it on the phone to...

I'm sorry to hear that, I've been a Rogers customer for almost five years right now, I've been 98% pleased with their service and I think there was only one customer service representative that I wanted to rip his head off, their customer service is just leaps and bounds above the other carriers imho.

mikehole
Feb 23rd, 2006, 04:52 PM
Is there a guide to doing that...?

yah there was a guide, you need a t6 screwdriver, and it involves totally disecting your razr, i did it around 2 years ago, i'll find the link for you.. if you want a headstart its in howardforums.com

DrewNL
Feb 23rd, 2006, 11:14 PM
10 mins is a little unreasonable. Most carriers and manufacturers have such a time limit but 10 minutes is insane.

RicktheChemist
Feb 24th, 2006, 12:00 AM

HowEver
Feb 24th, 2006, 01:01 AM
Sometimes people think they have bought a phone from Rogers "directly" but they really bought it from a dealership. There are very few corporate stores, most are authorized dealers. Each and every authorized dealer posts their guidelines for return, and probably circled the rule on the contract you signed.

If you bought the phone from Rogers itself, say online or by phone, you may have missed the return policy. Whether or not that's your fault or Rogers' is open for discussion. But don't base your opinion on one phone call to their customer service. If you call back and aren't satisfied ask to be transferred to "customer relations" or the "special duties unit." They have more power to help you.

All that said, you have some dust in your phone. Rogers didn't place the dust there. Phones cannot be hermetically sealed. They wouldn't work if they were. If you had the phone in a case and it still got dusty, really dusty, more than you might normally expect if you were exposing it to dust, perhaps there is a crack or other problem. Rogers should service it.

Now you'll find the benefit of having dealt with a reputable dealer rather than buying online or by phone. A good dealer will take the phone and send it for servicing without much fuss. And they'll give you a free loaner while it's gone. The key is to have this agreed upon when you bought the phone also. Loaner policies also differ between dealers.

To find the best place to buy your next phone--and I realize this doesn't help you with your current issue--go to howardforums.com to the Rogers subforum and look up Rogers contacts there.

Why not spend 1/10th of the time buying a phone that you spend buying your computer and figure out the service aspects of your purchase beforehand? If you add up what you pay for your monthly fee over the course of your wireless service, it probably adds up to more than you spend on computers.

So, Turns out it isn't dead pixels its just alot of dust that has gotten under the screen somehow...I called rogers because they initially told me i could exchange withini 30 days if i didnt like it (I've had it for 22) what they neglected to tell me is that the policy is 30 days OR 10 mins of airtime! :mad: I called rogers, as expected they were not willing to do anything!