: Where to find XServe in Canada

macuserforlife
Feb 20th, 2006, 08:33 PM
Hey everyone,

I find myself in the market for an XServe RAID. I have been searching for the last few days and can't seem to find any available for sale in Canada outside of brand new. There are, obviously, the usual suspects on eBay but there is an ever increasing trend on eBay to "not ship outside of the US" which can make snagging a deal difficult.

Is there anywhere that someone can suggest where I can buy one in Canada. I have no problem paying tax but I don't want to spend the full retail price. I'd even be happy if there was somewhere I could get a refurb.

Thanks, in advance, to those who reply.

B.

Kyser Sose
Feb 20th, 2006, 10:50 PM
Xserves and Xserve RAID units are tough to find used or refurb. They do on rare occasions show up on our Apple demo list but they get snapped up in a hurry.

We have new units but nothing used. If I came accross anything used they're already "sold" since we have no problem turning them over. Lots of people in the same boat as you. If it's any consolation, Apple's increased default storage on even the base unit is great as a starter.

macuserforlife
Feb 20th, 2006, 11:47 PM
Thanks for the reply.

You say "our demo list" and "we have no problem turning them over". Are you a dealer? Does this mean there is an opportunity for me to get on some sort of waiting list?

capitalK
Feb 21st, 2006, 11:22 AM
Servers are harder to find used than most other machines, companies tend to run them into the ground and get every last ounce of work out of them. When they get too small or old and get replaced they usually get shifted to another use.