: MacBook Shipped !!!

ender78
Feb 18th, 2006, 09:17 AM
My 2.0 GHz w 7200 RPM drive has shipped. I opted for priority shipping.

DoNotPokeTheScreen
Feb 18th, 2006, 10:13 AM
CONGRATS:clap:

Pelao
Feb 18th, 2006, 10:27 AM
Very cool news....

CN
Feb 18th, 2006, 10:30 AM
Sounds like you may be the first on ehMac to receive one...post pics when it comes!!!:D

:clap: Congratulations...have you picked out a name yet? :lmao:

CubaMark
Feb 18th, 2006, 10:33 AM
Sweeet. I have a friend anxiously awaiting the first reports from MacBook owners before she plops down her plastic...

:)
M

Schmoe
Feb 18th, 2006, 10:49 AM
Long time lurker first (or maybe 2nd) time poster.

I ordered a 1.83ghz MBP the night before they were upgraded, subsequently cancelled it the next morning and ordered a 2.16ghz model with a 7200rpm drive on Feb 14th. My estimated shipping date was March 16th but I awoke this morning to find that it has indeed shipped already! So, they are shipping CTO 2.16's already.

I'm expecting it by Wednesday and I'm pretty excited with it being my first Mac and all.:D

NBiBooker
Feb 18th, 2006, 10:59 AM
Congrats, again please post detailed reviews and pics. I'm considering a MacBook Pro in Sept or Oct. 06.

ender78
Feb 18th, 2006, 01:58 PM
Pics will be up as soon as I can take em. Mon or Tues hopefully. I can't wait to do the full unboxing.

ender78
Feb 18th, 2006, 02:09 PM
Someone already posted some unboxing in the US [they'll have to do untill I post mine]

http://www.schmidp.com/index.php?option=com_files&path=/macbook/

Applelover
Feb 18th, 2006, 02:38 PM
I.....AM.....SO....JEALOUS.....
p.s: You're getting robbed this week Ender!

Applelover
Feb 18th, 2006, 02:43 PM
Someone already posted some unboxing in the US [they'll have to do untill I post mine]

http://www.schmidp.com/index.php?option=com_files&path=/macbook/

Has anyone noticed how slim that box is, also they seemed to change the design of the inside of the box too (with those circular whole thingies). Also, when the battery is taken out, you can see underneath the trackpad...kinda neato....I am however not crazy about those apple stickers printed under the MBP (hopefully the North American version doesn't have these). I can't wait to get mine....I feel like a little kid at xmas time.....

digitalmatty
Feb 18th, 2006, 02:44 PM
the sticker says "Apple Development Team" and the site has been taken down; internal leaks methinks.

/edit: well the original site was taken down at least.

Applelover
Feb 18th, 2006, 02:45 PM
Lol, it's too late now! It's been leaked! That thing is gorgeous though....just like the old Powerbook but refined enough to make someone wanna fork out $2500 + for one.

highapostle
Feb 18th, 2006, 03:10 PM
Looks sweet (the pics are working, at least for me, on the link), but I think I'm going to hold off until I see what the Intel-based iBooks are like.

ender78
Feb 18th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Only Apple cares about the beauty of packaging :) Its this extra care that means a lot. Game console fans asside, who the hell shows off the box their new toy came in.

jonmon
Feb 18th, 2006, 05:03 PM
pics worked for me too
great looking packaging!
i really like the slimmer box
makes it easier to store

DoNotPokeTheScreen
Feb 19th, 2006, 04:31 AM
Everything looks so good.
The package is really pretty. The macbook pro itself is so sleek and thin!
So perfect.

adagio
Feb 19th, 2006, 09:04 AM
Looks sweet !!!!

trumpy
Feb 19th, 2006, 12:22 PM
What method do they use to ship to Canada? Is it Federal Express?

SonicBlue82
Feb 19th, 2006, 12:50 PM
When I received my Mac Mini last year, it was delivered by Purolator. But I think they are using FedEX for the MacBook Pro. Well .... I don't know about the standard shipping, but when I added the 2-day shipping to my order, she told me it would be shipped by FedEx. Everyone on the various forums that has had their MBP shipped shows FedEx.

Heh ... I was watching Cast Away last night on TV .... please don't let that happen to my MacBook Pro ... LOL

Oh yeah! Mine is in production now, so it'll prolly be shipped this week!!!! And my CC has an authorization on it!!! Good signs :)

trumpy
Feb 19th, 2006, 12:59 PM
I know that to England they are using TNT International for the MacBook Pro's.

ender78
Feb 19th, 2006, 01:01 PM
My package is shipping Fedex. Unfortunately the package missed the FedEx cut off time. I expect to see my MacBook sometime Tues or Wed [I think that Monday is impossible now]. My baby is still in China.

SonicBlue82
Feb 19th, 2006, 01:40 PM
Not necessarily, ender78. Someone from the Apple Discussions posted their tracking number so others can see. A lot of people thought this package missed the FedEx cut off time as well, but as you can see, it did not :)

Yours may be arriving in Alaska some time today!

http://www.fedex.com/Tracking?tracknumbers=701094815633

Also check out this thread on Apple Discussions:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=370038&tstart=15&start=0

ender78
Feb 19th, 2006, 02:35 PM
Great to know. I'll update the thread again when my machine reaches the shores of our great continent.

Applelover
Feb 19th, 2006, 04:24 PM
I hope your MBP reaches you tomorrow Ender! Give us the battery specs when you test her out!

Schmoe
Feb 19th, 2006, 06:24 PM
My 2.16 has already passed through Alaska. As of Sunday at 5:23 PM EST it says it has left the FedEX facility in Alaska and is on its way to the next FedEX hub I assume. I'm not entirely sure if it goes directly from Alaska to a FedEX facility here in Canada or if it goes to the U.S. first. Regardless I'm expecting it Tuesday or Wednesday. :D

thejst
Feb 19th, 2006, 06:36 PM
My 2.16 has already passed through Alaska. As of Sunday at 5:23 PM EST it says it has left the FedEX facility in Alaska and is on its way to the next FedEX hub I assume. I'm not entirely sure if it goes directly from Alaska to a FedEX facility here in Canada or if it goes to the U.S. first. Regardless I'm expecting it Tuesday or Wednesday. :D

It should go to Nashville, Tenn first, then through customs in ontario. You are looking at a Tues-Wednesday delivery, methinks.

Applelover
Feb 19th, 2006, 06:56 PM
Has anyone here had there Stock 1.83ghz (bumped up from 1.67ghz) shipped?

MacMaster
Feb 20th, 2006, 12:06 AM
Estimated ship date is still February 28 (bumped from the February 15).

My MBP order is CTO with an extra 512MB RAM.

Well as others have said before ... February 28th is still February. I'm just glad its not a leap year.

ender78
Feb 20th, 2006, 12:56 PM
My MacBook has not moved in 48 hours. I don't know where the hell it is. I was expecting to see it in Alaska by now, its still in China.

Script Kiddie
Feb 20th, 2006, 02:28 PM
probably stuck under a crate of bananas

Schmoe
Feb 20th, 2006, 05:34 PM
That's odd, ender78. Mine is listed as being in the sort facility in Missisauga and has been like that since late last night. Looks like it got sorted today and should be delivered tommmorrow (Tuesday). Could just be an error in FedEX's tracking system. Mine was routed through Memphis before arriving in Missisauga in case anyone was wondering.

ender78
Feb 20th, 2006, 05:58 PM
Schmoe,

FedEx must have spies all over the web. Six minutes after this post, it was teleported directly from Shanghai to ANCHORAGE, AK . Can you let me know how long it took to get from Alaska to Mississauga ? I have a feeling that I will get mine on Wed. I'm asking Apple for a refund of my priority shipping [it was to be 1-2 days, it will have been two business and four regular days if delivered wed].

Schmoe
Feb 20th, 2006, 06:29 PM
It departed from Alaska at 8:48 PM on the 18th, doesnt say when it arrived in Memphis, but it DEPARTED Memphis at 4:44PM on the 19th, and arrived in Missisauga at 9:18PM on the 19th. I was reading on the Apple forums earlier, and another user was reporting the same thing as me, his MBP was also in Missisauaga, he called and the FedEX associate told him that it took time to sort it all out, and could expect it either Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm hoping for it tommorrow however. I'll be sure to post impressions then, as it is my first Mac and my first laptop!

trumpy
Feb 20th, 2006, 07:47 PM
Im Jealous of you Schmoe...

I ordered earlier and did cancel on the 14th to order the 2.16. I ordered on the 14th at 6:06 AM PST with a 7200 RPM 100GB HD, same model as you.

And still no charge on credit card, I can still cancel the order and still displays March 16 ship date.

I wished Apple was more consistent...

trump
Feb 20th, 2006, 07:51 PM
tumpy!?

whoa, this will get confusing

ender78
Feb 20th, 2006, 09:49 PM
Its times like this that I really hate FedEX. My package left Ankorage at 2 PM but it took 6 hours for that to be updated. It's times like this that one has issues with the accuracy of these systems.

When the hell will we have live GPS tracking of our package [while in the air and such :) ]

ender78
Feb 21st, 2006, 06:13 PM
It departed from Alaska at 8:48 PM on the 18th, doesnt say when it arrived in Memphis, but it DEPARTED Memphis at 4:44PM on the 19th, and arrived in Missisauga at 9:18PM on the 19th. I was reading on the Apple forums earlier, and another user was reporting the same thing as me, his MBP was also in Missisauaga, he called and the FedEX associate told him that it took time to sort it all out, and could expect it either Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm hoping for it tommorrow however. I'll be sure to post impressions then, as it is my first Mac and my first laptop!

Schmoe,

Did you receive the machine today? My machine arrived at the Missisauga sort facility at 7 AM this morning. I expect delivery tomorrow.

macsackbut
Feb 21st, 2006, 08:08 PM
Of course, the first thing you guys are going to do upon opening these babies up is to charge them up, run a battery cycle then time the battery life... RIGHT??? ;)

ender78
Feb 21st, 2006, 10:34 PM
Of course, the first thing you guys are going to do upon opening these babies up is to charge them up, run a battery cycle then time the battery life... RIGHT??? ;)

Yeah, of course.

Schmoe
Feb 21st, 2006, 10:44 PM
Hey ender78,

My machine did indeed get delivered today. I got it at about 10:30 this morning and I am loving it so far! I have been using it the entire day but I cannot yet comment on the battery power as I have not yet calibrated the battery. As for general impressions the machine is VERY fast. I had a friend come over who owns a 1.5ghz PBG4 and he said that the MBP felt much snappier and responsive than his did, and he was also quite impressed with the quality of the screen.

This being my first Mac I am still tinkering with things but I highly doubt I will be going back to my PC at all, other then for games. I'd say it would be a safe bet to expect your machine tommororw ender78, and trust me it has been well worth the wait.

pcronin
Feb 22nd, 2006, 10:01 AM
what a lucky lucky guy....
Are you going to grace us with some pics?
;)

ender78
Feb 22nd, 2006, 11:59 AM
My machine was delivered about 30 minutes ago. I worked last night so I have to go to bed for at least 5-6 hours. Will be back soon.

pcronin
Feb 23rd, 2006, 04:00 PM
congrats ender, I'm still trying to butter my boss up to get me a macintel instead of a dell..if not, then I guess I'll have to *shudder* save and buy on my own...