: Eaton centre location revealed

andreww
Feb 14th, 2006, 03:05 PM
Upstairs across from Mcdonalds. The construction wall now features an iPod ad with two simple words "coming soon"

Pelao
Feb 14th, 2006, 03:43 PM
The construction wall now features an iPod ad with two simple words "coming soon"

Not simple for me. I have to avoid anywhere there is an Apple store...too many nice things...;)

Heart
Feb 14th, 2006, 04:15 PM
Would be nice if someone could take a digital photo and post.

I still have this little ting of doubt, is this an Apple store or an iPod store.

audiodan
Feb 14th, 2006, 04:17 PM
Heh! An iPod store! Meh, not enough things to sell! And, Apple would never torture us like that!

andreww
Feb 14th, 2006, 04:23 PM
Probably too big for an ipod only store, but definitely not a flagship store. By my estimation it looks about the size of yorkdale, possibly a little bigger.

IronMac
Feb 14th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Probably too big for an ipod only store, but definitely not a flagship store. By my estimation it looks about the size of yorkdale, possibly a little bigger.

Gee...I just walked past that yesterday...and, yeah, it's not very big.

nxnw
Feb 14th, 2006, 08:37 PM
So, I'll have one store right near my house and another right near my office. The universe is a rich pageant of wonder and mystery.

lpkmckenna
Feb 14th, 2006, 09:55 PM
Awesome!

By the way, I hate the layout of the Yorkdale store, with all the software shoved up next to the registers. Too cramped! I hope the Eaton's Centre store is better arranged.

Squeak
Feb 14th, 2006, 10:51 PM
Gee...I just walked past that yesterday...and, yeah, it's not very big.

The construction wall to the right of the Apple Ad does not mention a store name just a quote, which I just forgot after coming from the Eaton Centre an hour ago. I've noticed the construction walls of the new stores coming into the Eaton Centre advertise their names. My first look I thought it was going to be small like Yorkdale but I don't know now. Didn't peek through the door crack today.

gmark2000
Feb 14th, 2006, 10:54 PM
By the way, I hate the layout of the Yorkdale store, with all the software shoved up next to the registers. Too cramped! I hope the Eaton's Centre store is better arranged.
It's a pretty standard layout. Just tweaked recently in some stores in October.

http://www.ifoapplestore.com/photos/layout_change1005.gif

lpkmckenna
Feb 15th, 2006, 12:39 AM
It's a pretty standard layout. Just tweaked recently in some stores in October.
I suppose, but whenever I'm to the left of the registers, I'm almost run over by the staff going from the stockroom to the genius bar and back. I'm sure they hate the excessive walking back and forth, too.

Heart
Feb 15th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Images are now posted on the larger New Canadian Retail Store Thread (https://www.ehmac.ca/showthread.php?t=33466)

Here is a direct link to it, so you don't have to read all 9 pages to find it.
https://www.ehmac.ca/showpost.php?p=358659&postcount=174

kevs~just kevs
Mar 24th, 2006, 03:09 PM
anyone been by the eaton centre recently? I'm just wondering if there's an opening date posted anywhere yet...

overkill
Mar 24th, 2006, 03:52 PM
Awesome!

same layout in the philly store as well.

fyrefly
Mar 24th, 2006, 07:44 PM
I was there today... no date posted - didn't they post one on Yorkdale, only to paint over it a few days later?

I peeked inside, through the crack in the doors, and it still looks pretty barren in there. Less "contstruction" messy, more just plain white everywhere. I'm no expert but I'd say it'll be at least a month, proabably two or three before it's ready to go.

Patr1ck
Mar 30th, 2006, 10:02 PM
Just out of curiosity, has anyone who as applied for a job there (come on, i'm sure there have been at least a few of you...) heard back or had interviews yet? It would interesting to hear if they've started hiring/training yet.