: Import Mail from Outlook Express (Windows) to Mail?

SonicBlue82
Feb 12th, 2006, 11:28 PM
Hi All,

I've got an Outlook Express folder on an external hard drive from my old Windows XP machine, and I need to import the messages into Mail. I can't get Mail to import them though, as it is looking for mbox files. Does anyone know how to do this? Or is there a third-party application that will convert Outlook Express files to Mail format? Note that the Outlook Express files I'm talking about are from a Windows machine, not from Outlook Express in OS 9. Thanks!

harrytse
Feb 13th, 2006, 10:46 AM
import first through Thunderbird, which will convert it to .mbox, then it can be used or imported with Mail.

MACSPECTRUM
Feb 13th, 2006, 11:51 AM
I wonder why Apple doesn't create import utilities or build them into Mail?
Would certainly help switchers

Another_Paul
Feb 13th, 2006, 01:24 PM
Is there a way to convert MS Entourage MBOX files to Mail?

TCB
Feb 13th, 2006, 02:02 PM
http://www.littlemachines.com/

SonicBlue82
Feb 13th, 2006, 03:27 PM
harrytse, do you mean Mozilla Thunderbird? I downloaded and installed it, but it will not let me import my mail from Outlook Express (from WIndows). Is there something I'm missing?

TCB, that program looks good, but it only works with Outlook, not Outlook Express.

MACSPECTRUM
Feb 13th, 2006, 03:31 PM
outlook 2 mac is a very cool program and well worth the price
i used it for a client and it was a great way to migrate mail data

harrytse
Feb 13th, 2006, 04:05 PM
harrytse, do you mean Mozilla Thunderbird? I downloaded and installed it, but it will not let me import my mail from Outlook Express (from WIndows). Is there something I'm missing?

TCB, that program looks good, but it only works with Outlook, not Outlook Express.

yes, it is Mozilla Thunderbird, but it's the Windows version that includes the Outlook Express convertor.

Bryan49ers
May 23rd, 2006, 08:10 PM
I've tried this, and thunderbird does not save them as mbox files... help?

>>edit
got this to work it should be noted that the files are saved without the .mbox extension ... so searching for *.mbox will not work