: DDR2 Ram

onion
Feb 11th, 2006, 12:17 AM
i'm lloking for ddr2 ram (4200) amd was hoping to pick-up the 2gig chip. i noticed that other world computing had it for a great price except, for some reason i'm adverse to having items shipped through customs etc. does anyone know who distributes toher world computing stuff up here, north of that long border.

on a side note, if i do settle for the 1gig chip, should i worry about which label i buy from. there are so many to choose from and their specs are all the same (as far as i can tell. . . ) there's pny, crucial, ultra etc. reccomendations on what to go for and what to stay away from?

thanks, onion.

PirateMyke
Feb 11th, 2006, 12:48 AM
Get Kingston.... a good place to buy online is

memoryexpress.net

good albertan company... i buy lots of stuff from them online.. and it always comes in mint condition in a few days or so!!

CanadaRAM
Feb 11th, 2006, 03:29 AM
i'm lloking for ddr2 ram (4200) amd was hoping to pick-up the 2gig chip. i noticed that other world computing had it for a great price except, for some reason i'm adverse to having items shipped through customs etc. does anyone know who distributes toher world computing stuff up here, north of that long border.

on a side note, if i do settle for the 1gig chip, should i worry about which label i buy from. there are so many to choose from and their specs are all the same (as far as i can tell. . . ) there's pny, crucial, ultra etc. reccomendations on what to go for and what to stay away from?

You have an iMac iSight machine or a Dual-core G5 tower, right?

Unfortunately, DDR-2 is rising in wholesale price rapidly at the moment. Kingston went up 20% from Friday to Monday last week.
Kingston makes good RAM, if you buy their KTA- Mac models. Generally, Mac owners have not had good luck with the Kingston KVR- ValueRAM generic modules.

My biased advice is to buy from a seller who will give you a guarantee of compatibility with your Mac, offer a lifetime warranty, and a no-cost return if it doesn't work (no shipping or restocking charges).

OWC doesn't assemble modules, they rebrand other companies modules, like Samsung, Transcend, Infineon, etc. So you can get similar modules in Canada from memory resellers.

Thanks
Trevor
CanadaRAM.com

Heart
Feb 11th, 2006, 08:18 AM
I have not purchased from CanadaRam.com but I do see the active commitment to the ehMac.ca website.

You should at least check out the price, shipping or even give a call to CanadaRam.com

onion
Feb 11th, 2006, 09:45 AM
Get Kingston.... a good place to buy online is

memoryexpress.net

good albertan company... i buy lots of stuff from them online.. and it always comes in mint condition in a few days or so!!

they don't have 2 gig modules. (though the prices look good. . .. )

i always do check out CanadaRam prices. for 2 gig's for i-mac g5:

Other World Copmuting $250 US (~$290CAN)
CanadaRam $422 CAN.