: LaCie questions

webwiz23
Feb 9th, 2006, 11:39 PM
I just bought a 250GB LaCie proche and i was wondering if anyone has had any problems with them?

Vexel
Feb 10th, 2006, 12:00 AM
I've had great experiences with LaCie, Highly recommend their products. Might be a little pricey.. but they work really well.

Bought a LaCie External in 2001 and it's still in use today. :)

CanadaRAM
Feb 10th, 2006, 12:13 AM
I just bought a 250GB LaCie proche and i was wondering if anyone has had any problems with them?
None, except I have found it interferes with my spellchecker...

;)

pochien
Feb 10th, 2006, 04:43 PM
With the premium price LaCie is charging, they've better have products with high quality and stability! Otherwise, it's much better and price-friendly to build you own!

BTW, i've never find the design of LaCie's proche is good looking. I found they are rather ugly! Just my opinion!

capitalK
Feb 10th, 2006, 05:51 PM
Lacie's support in the Toronto area is far and away the best I have seen. They really stand behind their product and their turn-around for support is very quick.

An example: a customer of mine had his Lacie external CD-burner die on him after the warranty had expired. Lacie told him they could not fix or replace it, but they determined over the phone that the case was still good and gave him a list of compatible internal drives he could buy in College/Spadina and Lacie technicians installed it free of charge in his case.

Moscool
Feb 10th, 2006, 07:43 PM
I have had one DOA but good customer service to swap it. Both my LaCie drives have the same problem: they are useless at daisy-chaining. Not sure if it's a feature of the Mac or a LaCie problem.

Feb 10th, 2006, 07:58 PM
We use the D2 stuff. Never had one fail.

When I worked in retail we sold a ton of them and only ever heard of a few coming back.