: Macworld Curiosity

greensuperman32
Feb 9th, 2006, 05:14 PM
I was just wondering, is Macworld Expo always in San Fransico or does it change year to year? if it does change year to year, have they said yet where it will be next year?
Thanx in advance, i know its a silly question, but i just wanna go next year.

Kyle
Feb 9th, 2006, 05:16 PM
i think it's always in san fran. they used to have an east coast one as well (boston?) but stoped. I think.

RicktheChemist
Feb 9th, 2006, 05:28 PM

greensuperman32
Feb 9th, 2006, 05:33 PM
ok great thanx guys, does anyone have any info on how much it costs to get in?

RicktheChemist
Feb 9th, 2006, 05:59 PM

dthompson101
Feb 9th, 2006, 06:33 PM
Yup, I went to the keynote 2 years ago + the IT conferences, and my price was $1100.00 U.S. for the speech and the week of courses.

There is lots to choose from depending on the tracks you want to take, but it does add up quick, and SF is NOT a cheap city!!!

audiodan
Feb 9th, 2006, 06:44 PM
I remember it was $35 at MacWorld 2006, I think.

Heart
Feb 9th, 2006, 06:45 PM
Two years ago it was something like $109USD for general admission to the Keynote and the trade show.

That does not include the Seminars.

NBiBooker
Feb 9th, 2006, 06:49 PM
Well, at least I have a year to save up :)

ShawnKing
Feb 9th, 2006, 11:14 PM
I was just wondering, is Macworld Expo always in San Fransico or does it change year to year?
The January show (there used to be one on the East Coast in July) is always in San Francisco, always the first half of the month and always at the Moscone Center.
Thanx in advance, i know its a silly question, but i just wanna go next year.
Not silly at all! Every Mac user should go to "Macca" at least once. :)

ShawnKing
Feb 9th, 2006, 11:17 PM
ok great thanx guys, does anyone have any info on how much it costs to get in?
Just to get on to the show floor to see the exhibits and vendors is about 20-30 dollars but free passes are easy to get (just ask me for one! :) ).

You can go to www.macworldexpo.com to check out the other offerings (seminars, sessions and conferences) but they are a lot more expensive.

greensuperman32
Feb 10th, 2006, 12:36 AM
Well thank you everyone, i'm only interested in seein the exhibit hall, and the keynote of course. So after looking at the site the Users Conference would best fit what i want, and this year that package only cost $215-315 USD depending on how early or late you purchased it. I also calculated how much it'll cost to fly and stay in a hotel, so now i know how much i need to save.

Thanx again.

ShawnKing
Feb 10th, 2006, 01:09 AM
Well thank you everyone, i'm only interested in seein the exhibit hall, and the keynote of course. So after looking at the site the Users Conference would best fit what i want, and this year that package only cost $215-315 USD depending on how early or late you purchased it.
And you'll need at least a Conference Pass to even have a shot at seeing the Keynote. An Exhibit Hall Pass alone won't get you in.

greensuperman32
Feb 10th, 2006, 01:51 AM
And you'll need at least a Conference Pass to even have a shot at seeing the Keynote. An Exhibit Hall Pass alone won't get you in.

exactly