: Changing kbps When Downloading To iPod

skippy1416
Jan 6th, 2006, 06:30 PM
Hello,

In order to keep the quality of my music as high as possible I changed the import setting from 128 kbps to 192 kbps. I have my Mac connected to a decent stereo through an Edirol UA-1X so I thought that I might notice a small diference.

I was wondering if it was possible to download my music to my iPod at 128 kbps. I have a 4GB Nano and due to the higher standard I only fit about 670 songs (instead of 1000). I don't think that I would hear a difference on the Nano using the earbuds.

Any ideas?

Thanks

TrevX
Jan 6th, 2006, 06:45 PM
Hello,

In order to keep the quality of my music as high as possible I changed the import setting from 128 kbps to 192 kbps. I have my Mac connected to a decent stereo through an Edirol UA-1X so I thought that I might notice a small diference.

I was wondering if it was possible to download my music to my iPod at 128 kbps. I have a 4GB Nano and due to the higher standard I only fit about 670 songs (instead of 1000). I don't think that I would hear a difference on the Nano using the earbuds.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Not without keeping an entirely seperate iTunes library with the music encoded at 128K. You'll have double the files so it'll eat up that much more hard drive space, as well. If thats OK with you, the easiest way to do it is to create a new user and have your 128K music associated with it, so when you want to sync your iPod you log in as that user and sync it. This is going to be a little bit of work because if you get new music you'll basically have to encode it twice, but its doable.

Trev

harrytse
Jan 6th, 2006, 08:40 PM
the shuffle and the ROKR E1 has the option to convert higher bitrate songs to 128kbps AAC in iTunes, but not the nano.