: clamshell track pad trouble?

lumerakees
Dec 31st, 2005, 09:13 PM
hi there,

this past week i went through the ordeal of installing a larger hard drive in my mother in laws old clamshell [non firewire]. everithing went fine, really a neat process. it was basically totally apart... wow.

anyways, when all was done, it booted up, and i installed a new os. all was smooth except for the track pad clicker, which didn't work. i took it all apart again to see if there was something not conected properly.. everything looked fine.

i think it has something to do with the four torx screws in the batery bay, which is under the track pad? cause fidiling with those i could get a mechanical clicking sound. but then whenever id but the batery cover back on , nothing...

it isnt a huge deal, as she has an external usb wireless mouse that she uses most of the time but id like it to be working :)

any ideas?

lumerakees

yoyo
Jan 1st, 2006, 10:00 AM
Just a guess, if you removed the screws under the pad, maybe you put the wrong ones back when it was reassembled. Too long?

lumerakees
Jan 1st, 2006, 11:07 PM
nope its not that, i really made sure what came out went back in. though i thought of that as well...

cooking_apple
Oct 5th, 2008, 06:04 PM
I have a similar problem to this. The button clicks but the computer doesn't recognise it. Did you have any success solving it? I have bought a new PMU board and hope that fitting that will solve it.