: Help to install Real Player

Merry
Dec 31st, 2005, 05:42 PM
Howdy...just installed Real Player and radio works fine...but cannot get video..same notice keep coming up:The BBC News Player has content of MIME type "application/x-mplayer2" Because you do not have a plug-in installed for this MIME type, this content cannot be displayed. I thought that Real Player would include this plugin because the version 10 is marked for Mac OSX. Can anyone please help. Love to watch BBC video news. Cheers...Happy New Year all. Merry

Toca Loca Nation
Dec 31st, 2005, 08:12 PM
my suspicion is that you are dealing with a windows media player file? quick google search indicates that vlc media player and wmp are commonly used to open this type of file.

Merry
Jan 3rd, 2006, 05:44 PM
Thanks for your reply but I do not have Windows Media Player..funny thing is I can watch CBC news video but not BBC..Any ideas? still get that notice about needing MIME plugin Cheers.

Toca Loca Nation
Jan 4th, 2006, 07:19 AM
well, i don't really know, but i think you do need wmp to watch the clips. from what i can gather, the format of the video is only viewable with windows media player or vlc. i may be wrong, but i don't think you can watch it with real. one easy way to find out is to download wmp and see if it works.

mclenaghan
Jan 4th, 2006, 08:43 AM
I just installed Realplayer and tried the BBC.
Did you configure Realplayer once you installed it?
If not find the application in your Application Folder double click on it and work through the screens. You are done when it says it has to close your browser to configure it.
After the configuration is complete relaunch your browser, it should work ,as I watched a clip from the rugby league and all was well.

Merry
Jan 4th, 2006, 10:43 AM
Big thank you to both Toca and Mclanaghan for your help regarding my Real Player problems. Answers are differernt so I will try both ways!!! Many thanks to both of you Cheers. Merry