: Can't Calibrate my Display!

DBerG
Dec 30th, 2005, 05:11 PM
I just can't. It's an iBook.
I want to calibrate it because there's too much brightness in it. The colors are just too...white!
But when I go under System preferences : Display : Colors : Calibrate it tolds me :

Le profil d'origine de ce moniteur est introuvable.

The original profile of this monitor can't be found. or sth like that.

And when I click on other profiles in the text box to the left, I get the system sound, "submarine". (The one I chose).:confused:

ArtistSeries
Dec 30th, 2005, 05:23 PM
More problems with a Mac product?;) :D ;)

DBerG
Dec 30th, 2005, 05:39 PM
More problems with a Mac product?;) :D ;)
lol...
:P I guess it's all my fault this time.:o

DBerG
Dec 30th, 2005, 07:48 PM
I really would like this to be solved, tho'.

Pelao
Dec 30th, 2005, 08:22 PM
DBerG
Happened to me too. I could not fix it, and I could not find anything in forums or in books, and did not get any replies here on ehmac. I have a clone of my HD (via SuperDuper) so I just reinstalled my OS and used Migration Assistant to move everything back. Then all was OK.

There is probably an easier way, but this is all I could find.

DBerG
Dec 30th, 2005, 10:24 PM
Pelao, I'll try something else, this is really a drastic manner to solve this issue.
I'll see if this problem is generalized and if it's not, I'll create a new Admin user and move all my stuff. :) Thanks for your idea, I found mine with yours.

mr.steevo
Dec 30th, 2005, 11:08 PM
Hi,

Did you check the contrast in Universal Access within System Preferences? My iBook is set to the lowest.

s.

DBerG
Dec 30th, 2005, 11:42 PM
Hi,

Did you check the contrast in Universal Access within System Preferences? My iBook is set to the lowest.

s.
It could've been that, but it wasn't that bad! LOL. Thank you for trying :)

DBerG
Dec 31st, 2005, 01:59 AM
Damn, it's spread to all of the users. :(

Pelao
Dec 31st, 2005, 09:59 AM
Yes, I forgot to mention that - which is what led to the reinstall. If you have a clone and run Tiger it doesn't take that long.

kent
Jan 4th, 2006, 03:36 AM
This has happened to me on both my Macs ... I was able to calibrate once and then I get that error message.

Chealion
Jan 4th, 2006, 03:48 AM
Did you try repairing permissions? It sounds like a corrupt file or the preferences are wrong with ColorSync's calibrartion files.

DBerG
Jan 4th, 2006, 04:13 AM
And how would you do that Chealion :)?? I'm pleased to see it's still a hot topic!