: DVD not supported?

csonni
Dec 30th, 2005, 09:42 AM
Just inserted a DVD into my stock G4 Powerbook, 1.33 ghz running 10.4.3 and DVD Player tells me there is no supported disc available when I click the play button. The DVD doesn't show on the desktop either. Went down to my G5 with a Sony drive and it mounted and played no problem. Any clues?

Heart
Dec 30th, 2005, 05:31 PM
Restart.....
Try a different DVD...

Then take it in to an Apple Service Provider for diagnosis...

Jestered
Dec 30th, 2005, 06:18 PM
Reset PMU

csonni
Dec 31st, 2005, 09:36 AM
Tried another DVD and it worked fine. Unfortunately, there is no Apple Service Provider within 600 air miles. May try the other DVD again.

AlephNull
Dec 31st, 2005, 03:25 PM
Tried another DVD and it worked fine. Unfortunately, there is no Apple Service Provider within 600 air miles. May try the other DVD again.Try playing it using VLC Player. (http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-macosx.html) THis worked when one of my DVDs wouldnt play in the default player for some reason.

clearNET
Jan 4th, 2006, 08:51 PM
I had the same issue..after getting my new iMac G5.... the Apple DVD player would not play original DVD's.... After minimizing all my windows, i saw a box indicating I had to choose a region code for the Apple DVD drive...

after doing so....it played just fine...on a side note...also tried to play it in an external dvd before figuring out it was because I had not chosen the initial region....same issue...the OS still would not play it.

-clearNET