: ATi rage 128 driver for os 9.2

gnatsum
Dec 23rd, 2005, 06:17 PM
yes, i have a powercentre 150 with a MaxPowr upgrade and i need the driver for os 9.2.2 on an ATi Rage 128 bit 16 MB PCI card. i tried googling and all that, and i can't find anything, and this machine is ridiculously slow... so searching the ATi site is taking too long.

anyone know a less demanding site which has what i need?

i'm looking to play unreal tournament game of the year edition on this machine.

thanks

gnatsum
Dec 23rd, 2005, 06:29 PM
great, so the site ends up working in frames, so that runs much faster on this machine, since it's os 9 and internet explorer, you can't get any slower.

so i navigate to mac os, then os 9.x and then i click on rage 128. and it says security failure. and i can't access the site. i guess ATi doesn't like internet explorer 5...

great.

what are my other options for browsers?

JPL
Dec 23rd, 2005, 07:24 PM
https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&folderID=299

this is the page for the driver you want althought your card isn't listed as supported it was the rage 128 selection I chose that got me to this page so it must be supported
GL

gnatsum
Dec 24th, 2005, 03:33 AM
https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&folderID=299

this is the page for the driver you want althought your card isn't listed as supported it was the rage 128 selection I chose that got me to this page so it must be supported
GL

thanks, but i still can't get into the area i need to because of that security error....

ridiculous

Rob
Dec 24th, 2005, 11:35 AM
This won't do anything unless it's an ATI retail card. The ATI cards that came as OEM in Macs won't work with these drivers. The drivers for the OEM cards should already be installed in OS9.

The ATI site is slow but I don't know why you're having the security issue. The best browser for OS9 is the Wamcom version of Mozilla. Head on over to wamcom.org to download it. That's what I'm using, and there were no problems on the ATI site.