: 12 inch PB unstable after ram install.

Ninja-Rice
Dec 21st, 2005, 11:55 AM
I juss bought a 512mb pc2700 kingston ram stick and installed it in my 12 inch 1 ghz powerbook...it was working fine for a bit and system profiler detected the 512 mb stick but it started to randomly crash after putting the PB to sleep and whenever i plugged in or out the power adapter the pb would crash... now i cant even get past the log in screen without the system crashing... Is the ram defective? or should i re-install osx? any help would be appreciated... thanks.

sam

Atroz
Dec 21st, 2005, 12:32 PM
Sounds like you've got the wrong RAM. Take it back out and see if the system continues to crash. If it stops crashing, you may have to return the RAM and get some that works correctly. There's a tonne of messages on ehMac about how Macs can be picky about their RAM.

iPetie
Dec 22nd, 2005, 09:00 AM
I juss bought a 512mb pc2700 kingston ram stick and installed it in my 12 inch 1 ghz powerbook...it was working fine for a bit and system profiler detected the 512 mb stick but it started to randomly crash after putting the PB to sleep and whenever i plugged in or out the power adapter the pb would crash... now i cant even get past the log in screen without the system crashing... Is the ram defective? or should i re-install osx? any help would be appreciated... thanks.

samThat Ram should work without any problems. It's probably just a bad stick. Make sure it is seated securely. If it is, return it and get a new one.

MacDoc
Dec 22nd, 2005, 10:02 AM
"Should" doesn't count in the world of 10.4 and Macs. :mad:......... :(