: Widescreen?

Cubnime
Dec 20th, 2005, 07:55 PM
okies, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this question... if I did put it in the wrong place, I'm sorry.

Anyways, back with my question. I'm planning to order a "special edition" DVD on amazon.ca
The only version avaliable was the widescreen edition. I'm wondering if this will have any affects while playing the DVD on my iBook(screw T.V.s XX) )

wonderings
Dec 20th, 2005, 08:04 PM
you will not have any problems, just a black bar ontop and bottom of the video. Nothing to worry about at all.

singingcrow
Dec 20th, 2005, 10:48 PM
But don't some widescreen versions come extra thin, in which case on an iBook the full screen version would be nicer?

Vexel
Dec 21st, 2005, 05:52 PM
Widescreen movies on a fullframe monitor work just fine.. as mentioned there are "Empty black spaces" above and below the actual picture.

The only thing you may want to consider is the size of the iBook and your preference for the size of the movie.. it's completely up to you. I find the iBook is just great for watching movies if you're close.

One thing you can do is hook up another monitor and use it to watch the movies on.. I've recently purchased a 19" Widescreen monitor for this very reason. Works wonderfully.

Cubnime
Dec 22nd, 2005, 10:02 PM
thanks guys, now I can order the DVD and laugh at my friend who thought widescreens were for the "big T.V.s" ;)

I have a 14' iBook, so it'll be fine. And, I think I can borrow my friend's projector to when hosting "movie nights"(I'm anti-T.V.s)

Vexel
Dec 22nd, 2005, 11:59 PM
I should have mentioned.. that I use a hack to make the widescreen available with my iBook.

You can find it at http://macparts.de