: Syncing my iCal on my iBook with .mac

MBD
Dec 18th, 2005, 10:06 AM
This is driving me nuts. Suddenly, my .mac account won't sync my iCal to my iBook (or anything else for that matter). It works fine on my tower but not on my iBook. I have plenty of iDisk space so I have no idea why it keeps telling me it has an error. I even deleted all the calenders & preference files with no luck!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

apple=god
Dec 18th, 2005, 11:31 AM
i don't use iSync or anything like that but maybe u should go into iCal and turn on syncing?

MBD
Dec 18th, 2005, 11:36 AM
i don't use iSync or anything like that but maybe u should go into iCal and turn on syncing?

That's all turned on - this is my second computer that isn't working.

Pelao
Dec 18th, 2005, 04:02 PM
MBD
When you go into Sys Prefs and then .mac prefs, are you able to log into the .mac account and view / adjust various settings? Knowing this will tell us if your iBook is connecting properly to the account.

MBD
Dec 18th, 2005, 04:09 PM
Ugh! Actually it turns out my .mac's iCal was horribly out of date. After accidentally replacing my desktop's iCal on my tower with my out of date .mac iCal, I realized this. :-( Thank the gods for several backups - I was able to recover & get the right data on my iBook as well. :)

I think the logging in stuff was a problem with doing a sync from the .mac preferences - it worked with the normal sync.

My technology is fighting me this weekend!

Thanks for you all helping anyway. :clap: