: iMac running Tiger is the best computer I've owned in a decade

imachungry
Dec 3rd, 2005, 06:19 PM
People come here often to rant or solve problems.

After being on Macs for a decade, and being so disgusted by os9, font problems, and various other crap I switched over to the Dark Side for a while, now I can honestly say that the imac 20" and osx are simply incredible. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this computer and the Mac experience.

It's hard to believe--oldtimers alert--that a decade ago a simple mac rig was like $4k-$5k for what you can get today for $2k in a sleek flat panel running a virtually crash-free os.

Amazing. :clap:

Now Apple come out with a super version of Safari--my upgrade to Firefox is buggy as hell!!! (apparently I'm not alone).

macguy.nielsen
Dec 3rd, 2005, 06:56 PM
You running Firefox 1.5? Cause I have it and it seems to run fine...

gastonbuffet
Dec 3rd, 2005, 07:15 PM
Agree 100% with imachungry. And i had my issues, but all and all, beautiful machine, and great OS (panther or tiger). Now that i upgraded to a newer Imac, i can't let go the old one. My wife wants to kill me :)

NewGuy
Dec 4th, 2005, 11:24 AM
I know it's a little off topic but what are your main reasons for running firefox instead of safari. Then with that, what did you mean when you said you want a juiced up version of safari?

Glad to hear so many good things about the iMac. I was on the fence between a powerbook and an iMac. Bought the powerbook which was a good call, but have to admit to drooling over the iMacs when in the Mac store.

imachungry
Dec 4th, 2005, 07:37 PM
I know it's a little off topic but what are your main reasons for running firefox instead of safari. Then with that, what did you mean when you said you want a juiced up version of safari?

Glad to hear so many good things about the iMac. I was on the fence between a powerbook and an iMac. Bought the powerbook which was a good call, but have to admit to drooling over the iMacs when in the Mac store.

FF ran faster than Safari for a long time, and it seemed a better browser. Now with the new visual tabbing of FF as a plugin (see Cory's piece on boing boing), it's even better--save for the crashes ;)

Juiced up meaning a newer version with bells and whistles.