: Price Check: Mac Mini 1.25

Jonus
Sep 8th, 2005, 03:40 AM
Wondering what a 3 month old Mac Mini BTO 1.25 goes for on the market these days.

Upgraded to 1gb RAM, Airport and Bluetooth, and Apple Pro mouse and keyboard included.

Configuration goes for $1100 new before taxes on the Apple site. Does thinking $1000 for my config sound unreasonable?

I am selling my Mini because I am leaving Toronto and moving to Ireland for a year, I'd like to get my hands on an older model iBook instead.

Appreciate any opinions and comments, cheers!

xorpion
Sep 8th, 2005, 04:48 AM
i doubt anyone would pay $1000 cash for it (even with extra ram, airport and BT). the mini is supposed to be the 'cheap' mac. if someone offered you $700 you should take the money and run. i doubt you'll even get that though.

simon
Sep 8th, 2005, 09:13 AM
Don't let Xorpion low-ball you ... you should expect around $900 - $950 for your configuration but you'll probabely have trouble moving it quickly.

You best bet would be to sell without the added Airport and Bluetooth for a lower price and sell them seperately. Most add ons don't add to the value when you are ready to sell.

moonsocket
Sep 8th, 2005, 09:19 AM
You might get a good price on ebay for that. Then again, you might not. I don't think you could get $1000 on the ehmac classifieds but why not try? Certainly doesnt hurt . :)

Macaholic
Sep 8th, 2005, 09:24 AM
Simon's right about the price, but I'm not sure yanking the wireless stuff out will leave him with much to sell separately. We're not talkin' easy to access PCI slots, and I wonder if many people actually try to add it themselves aftermarket? OTOH, most people grabbing a stock unit off the palette at BestBuy may wind up wanting wireless. Thing is, most of those folks would be inexperienced to install it themselves -- especially with the Mini. SO.. I don;t know what my final point is here :confused: All food for thought, I guess.

monokitty
Sep 8th, 2005, 03:29 PM
We're not talkin' easy to access PCI slots...

Especially since the Mac mini doesn't have any. ;)

I personally see it to be a difficult venture to get even $850 for your unit, if that.

xorpion
Sep 8th, 2005, 03:50 PM
Don't let Xorpion low-ball you ...

i didn't mean for it to sound like a low-ball. i keep my eye on classified sections of several sites and the fact is mini's dont move all that well, especially at that high price. i gave an honest assessment of things as ive seen them. im a mini owner too, so i like to know what my options are if and when i want to upgrade to a different machine.

Macaholic
Sep 8th, 2005, 11:15 PM
Especially since the Mac mini doesn't have any. ;)

You're not trying to infer that I think there's PCI slots in the Mac Mini. Are you? The inference in my post is in relation to POWERMACS having PCI slots that are easy to access.

Do I have to PM you AGAIN?

I own a frickin' Mac Mini, man!

Jonus
Sep 9th, 2005, 02:40 AM
Thanks for the opinions guys.

Kosh
Sep 9th, 2005, 10:42 AM
I think anything that new and cheap is going to be hard to sell. Why buy used, when you can get it for almost as much new. Just like people were having troubles selling their new ipods or few month old 17" Powerbooks.

I'd highlight the that fact that it's got some really good upgrades that the standard config doesn't.