: iMac DV & Dell 17" LCD

PirateMyke
Sep 3rd, 2005, 05:25 PM
i Have a 400MHz G3 iMac DV running tiger 10.4.2 . And i want to later used a 15" - 17" dell LCD Display. I no my iMac has a VGA port on the back in the access bay.. but my question is this... once i plug the LCD Display into my iMac how do i turn off the iMac's built in CRT??

tikibangout
Sep 3rd, 2005, 05:28 PM
I'm not sure about iMacs, but when I use an external monitor with my iBook, I just turn the brightness all the way down until its completely off. I'm guessing it would be the same with an iMac, but if not, sorry.

PirateMyke
Sep 3rd, 2005, 05:33 PM
I'm not sure about iMacs, but when I use an external monitor with my iBook, I just turn the brightness all the way down until its completely off. I'm guessing it would be the same with an iMac, but if not, sorry.

wouldent the brightness turning down also turn it down on the external LCD?

thejst
Sep 3rd, 2005, 06:03 PM
I believe that it is hardware specific- The brightness contl only will affect the iBook- you have to turn down the other display with its own controls....

(thats how it is w/ mine, anyways....)

PirateMyke
Sep 3rd, 2005, 06:22 PM
hmmm, well when the time comes i will try it out :)

Trevor...
Sep 3rd, 2005, 06:49 PM
do you want to make it permanent?

PirateMyke
Sep 3rd, 2005, 06:53 PM
do you want to make it permanent?

Well, once i get the display it's the only screen i'll be using untill i sell it..... why?

I know that the original iMac has a VGA cable and such inside when you open it... if the DV had that i could just unplug it right?

but then again... tell me your idea!!!

Trevor...
Sep 3rd, 2005, 08:28 PM
clip two pins on the logicboard and the display will never come on again,