: Apple logo sweater

LittleCanadianMapleLeaf
Sep 2nd, 2005, 09:04 PM
This might just be me projecting my wishes a little too much, but I was wondering if there's a place to get black hoodies or sweaters with an apple logo on them. I checked The Missing Bite, but didn't really find what I was looking for. Are embroidered logos availible for purchase?

I'm looking for just the white apple. Kinda like the iPod box ;)

LCML

Derrick
Sep 2nd, 2005, 09:19 PM
The only official place to purchase Apple apparel is 'The Company Store' at their headquarters in Cupertino, CA.

Unfortunately, they don't ship anywhere ... you have to go in person ...

http://www.apple.com/companystore/

There has been a rumor floating around that the normal Apple Stores will carry some clothing items ... no word as to when.

tikibangout
Sep 2nd, 2005, 09:21 PM
eBay has some, I know that for sure since I just looked. And they have the ones you're looking for.

LittleCanadianMapleLeaf
Sep 2nd, 2005, 09:36 PM
Looking at that company store, I'm thinking it's probably a good idea I can't get to it. I'd spend way more than I have.

And thanks, tikibangout, I'm checking through ebay now with a bunch of search terms :)

LCML

PirateMyke
Sep 2nd, 2005, 10:08 PM
Make an apple stencil in photoshop, print out and cut it out
get a cheap sweater or hoddie
put stencil in desired spot
use fabric paint and paint over the stencil

whalla!!! :)

Macaholic
Sep 2nd, 2005, 11:24 PM
Give http://www.redlightrunner.com/ a try.

Raj69er
Sep 2nd, 2005, 11:45 PM
This might just be me projecting my wishes a little too much, but I was wondering if there's a place to get black hoodies or sweaters with an apple logo on them. I checked The Missing Bite, but didn't really find what I was looking for. Are embroidered logos availible for purchase?

I'm looking for just the white apple. Kinda like the iPod box ;)

LCML

for christ sake, sometimes people here forget that their computer is a tool. Don't worship it.

gnatsum
Sep 3rd, 2005, 12:43 AM
i have an apple sweater, classic rainbow one too

ice_hackey
Sep 3rd, 2005, 01:52 AM
That reminds me of the famous canadian story of the boy in quebec who wanted an apple sweater, but they sent him a Microsoft sweater.

So sad.

fazer
Sep 3rd, 2005, 02:34 AM
That reminds me of the famous canadian story of the boy in quebec who wanted an apple sweater, but they sent him a Microsoft sweater.

So sad.
Heh, classic.

SoyMac
Sep 3rd, 2005, 04:00 AM

So sad.

You made me laugh out loud.

MacNutt
Sep 3rd, 2005, 05:18 AM
for christ sake, sometimes people here forget that their computer is a tool. Don't worship it.

What are you saying??!!?? You are insulting our cultish religion here! You are an uninformed INFIDEL!! A danger to all of us! You MUST be removed from the face of the earth, as soon as possible!! Before you infect others with your decadent thoughts.

I suddenly feel the necessity to cleanse you of your sins by strapping on an explosive belt and then standing right next to you...and blowing myself UP!!
:eek:

THAT'll teach you! ;) :D

joltguy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 08:51 AM

AFAIK, the OP didn't ask where the nearest Church of the Cult of Macintosh is. There's nothing wrong with people who love Apple as a company and want to show it by wearing clothes with the logo on it. Would you have the same reaction to someone looking for a Maple Leafs hoodie? After all, the Toronto Maple Leafs (like all pro sports teams) are a company. I fail to see the difference between wearing clothes branded with that company logo versus wearing clothes branded with the Apple logo.

Raj69er
Sep 3rd, 2005, 09:20 AM
Lol simple. sports is a whole other culture than computing. There are rivalries, you can actually show your support by going to games with Leafs clothing on. By supporting the Leafs you are supporting players not just inanimate objects you by from the store. Computers on the other hand are a tool for everyday life.

joltguy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 09:56 AM
Lol simple. sports is a whole other culture than computing. There are rivalries, you can actually show your support by going to games with Leafs clothing on.
So, sports is a whole other culture. Big deal, that's a given. I don't see how fanatics in one culture are acceptable but fanatics in another are not. Computers (especially Apple) can be just as important to someone as a sports team is to another. There's nothing wrong with that. In fact, I'd say it's more normal for someone to get attached to their Mac than it is to get attached to a bunch of overpaid millionaires. After all, a person's computer is likely to contain many things of significant emotional value, like pictures & video of loved ones, or in some cases music or art that was created by the owner. In any case, the Mac has faithfully helped they owner in the creative process and faithfully stores the data, ready at a moment's notice. These "inanimate objects" that the employees of Apple create enhance your life.

And you wanna talk rivalries? What do you think Apple vs. Microsoft is? Or Apple vs. Creative Labs? Or Apple vs. Real? Lots of drama there, only it plays out on the internet and CNBC instead of CBC and TSN.

By supporting the Leafs you are supporting players not just inanimate objects you by from the store. Computers on the other hand are a tool for everyday life.
By supporting Apple, you are showing that you support an innovative company and that you appreciate creativity. Computers are indeed tools, but to dismiss the Mac as "just a tool" does it a disservice and shows that you don't really grasp the full concept. Apple has propelled the human race forward, and bettered the lives of millions of people, which is far more than any professional sports team has ever done. What's wrong with supporting a company who can claim such wonderful accomplishments? Nothing at all.

Derrick
Sep 3rd, 2005, 11:40 AM
So, sports is a whole other culture. Big deal, that's a given. I don't see how fanatics in one culture are acceptable but fanatics in another are not. Computers (especially Apple) can be just as important to someone as a sports team is to another. There's nothing wrong with that. In fact, I'd say it's more normal for someone to get attached to their Mac than it is to get attached to a bunch of overpaid millionaires.

I couldn't agree more.

By supporting Apple, you are showing that you support an innovative company and that you appreciate creativity. Computers are indeed tools, but to dismiss the Mac as "just a tool" does it a disservice and shows that you don't really grasp the full concept. Apple has propelled the human race forward, and bettered the lives of millions of people, which is far more than any professional sports team has ever done. What's wrong with supporting a company who can claim such wonderful accomplishments? Nothing at all.

Well said ... professional sports do serve a purpose ... however, IMHO the amount of money and attention paid to them seems overdone.

AppleAuthority
Sep 3rd, 2005, 12:31 PM
A lot of work went into the Mac sitting on yours and my desk. Time to support those people that brought us the Mac.

LittleCanadianMapleLeaf
Sep 3rd, 2005, 02:27 PM
Oh, look at the fun convo that ensued while I was at work.

Appreciate the concern over just exactly how horrid my obsession is, but instead of spending money at The Gap, Roots, Tommy Hilfiger, whatever brand name you want, I'd rather an Apple sweater. They 'gave' me a great computer that works and doesn't frustrate me, and I sure as hell don't mind wearing their label. It's not like I'm supporting any others in the fashion industry.

LCML

Raj69er
Sep 4th, 2005, 02:17 AM
lol i take it none of you guys watch professional sports of any kind?

joltguy
Sep 4th, 2005, 08:13 AM
lol i take it none of you guys watch professional sports of any kind?
Actually, I do. I've been playing hockey and watching Hockey Night In Canada since I was 5 years old. I'm also a big Toronto Raptors fan. I don't have it in for the Maple Leafs or anything like that. I just chose them as an example to prove my point: there is nothing wrong with being a fanatic of a company. Whether that company be the Leafs, the Yankees, the Roughriders, or Apple Computer makes no difference.

sammy
Sep 4th, 2005, 11:13 AM
I'm a Leafs fan, and even I was surprised nobody used the "inanimate object" remark as a punchline.

retrocactus
Sep 6th, 2005, 02:18 PM
FWIW, the Apple Company store does have a hoodie ($49.99US I think) but it was just a plain black hoodie (rough fabric) with a simple silkscreened white apple logo on the front that looked like it would come off (or break down) after a couple of washings.

I did almost buy it but concluded I could probably make something cheaper myself if I really wanted to do that...ended up buying a hoodie at Old Navy for $8 (cdn!) on clearance ;)