: Low Tech Solution Sometimes Shines [Cassette Adapter versus iTrip]

ender78
Sep 2nd, 2005, 07:55 PM
I bought an iTrip a while back. As of late, I have had serious issues with the iTrip not wanting to transmit in my car. I went out today and spent $20 on a cassette adapter [I luckily have a car that is old enough to have an cassete deck and CD player]. I was stunned by the audio quality and volume of the cassette adaper.

Grunt
Sep 2nd, 2005, 08:02 PM
I'd suspect that the older the car, the more likely it is that the casette adapter will be the more viable option. Newer cars ought to have more reliable radio equipment and will therefore pick up signals better - we've tried an iTrip in a relatively new Honda Accord and it works beautifully, as a random example.

TheBat
Sep 2nd, 2005, 09:48 PM
If you do have a cassettte player in your car, that is the most cost effective way to get music from your portable music player to the car stereo. Just don't buy the cheapest cassette adapter out there. Sony makes a good product, but I'm sure you can get a good one from The Source (Radio Shack) for less.

stillmot
Sep 2nd, 2005, 10:22 PM
I bought the cheap one. Works great, much preferred over the itrip and I have a new car.

Macaholic
Sep 2nd, 2005, 11:23 PM
I prefer cassette adaptor to FM. But, my car stereo is CD & radio only.

jonmon
Sep 2nd, 2005, 11:27 PM
wow $20 for a tape adapter!
did you get the special ipod ones? ie. the ones they painted white? :D

i got mine at zellers for less and work great ;)

SLaw
Sep 3rd, 2005, 01:03 AM
Bought a tape adaptor from Bestbuy for $20, for my wife's van. Will need to use my Sandisk MP3. Next purchase is to get her a MP3
My car has a cd player, not considering FM transmitter now as so many people have negative comment