: Xcode on Panther question

Script Kiddie
Oct 8th, 2003, 04:18 PM
Some of you on ehMac have had a Panther preview,
and I need to know something before I buy....

Does Xcode have complete integration with CVS?
What I mean by that is can I connect to, browse, and
checkin/checkout CVS projects from WITHIN Xcode.

ProjectBuilder only worked with CVS if you ALREADY
checked out your CVS project. Thanks but thats useless
to me.

I've been suffering with Eclipse too long! Help!

[ October 08, 2003, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: Script Kiddie ]

Adam
Oct 9th, 2003, 02:15 AM
I have no idea if xcode supports CVS integration, but have you ever tried using the CVS binary? It's not as nice as a GUI, but once you get used to it, you can use CVS for any application, regardless of whether it has support for it.. Been using it through ssh to access the repository on my linux box for a while and it runs great.

Adam

Script Kiddie
Oct 9th, 2003, 10:16 AM
AdamC, How do you browse your repository from the shell, using the cvs binaries? I wrote my own CVS wrapper scripts to checkout, checkin, etc, but was not able to come up with a satisfactory way to browse my repository without using a GUI. I have about 300 scripts in 30 CVS projects.

Adam
Oct 9th, 2003, 12:48 PM
There's a CGI I run called CVSWEB which allows you to browse your cvs repository from a web browser, _very_ cool. You can password protect it or have it accessible for all to browse (as many people do with public projects).. Just do a search for cvsweb.cgi and you'll see many people's public repositories. I believe it can be downloaded from here:

http://freshmeat.net/projects/cvsweb/?topic_id=53%2C52

Adam

Script Kiddie
Oct 9th, 2003, 03:05 PM
Sure but CVS WEB is from a web browser, not the shell. There are no end of stand-alone GUI CVS browsers. Why can't they integrate it into Xtools like eclipse does? Eclipse by the way is a very nice piece of work, the only problem is that it taxes my Blue&White a bit too much. (It takes over a MINUTE to load, and bogs down a bit on editing files)

Adam
Oct 9th, 2003, 04:08 PM
Have you tried MacCvsX? It's a GUI frontend for CVS. Never tried it myself, but you might want to take a look.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10072&release_id=141815